• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shameless Plug

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
As some of you know I spent most of last year, the bits inbetween freaking out about my wedding and writing for two different newspapers, clattering out four new sports books. My temples are considerably greyer as a result, but these books are now out in shops.

Many of you answered my pleas for help on here and I've tried to include all of you in the acknowledgments. If I missed you, I'm genuinely sorry, it doesn't mean I love you any less.

Anyway, the whole point of these books was to break down four sports and explain them to novices or newcomers. They're not for kids, which isn't to say they're full of pictures of willies and boobies, they're for adults who have somehow missed out on learning about sport.

So, If your missus or captive front-tail is a sports numpty, then these books might save arguments during the World Cup, Masters, Rugby World Cup or the next time Essex are playing at home. Any forwarding of links or recommendations to friends would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Iain-Macintosh/e/B0034OO7F8/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Oh, and if you see any mistakes, please don't tell me. I don't want to know!

ps as we're doing shameless plugs, check out my ebay - a signed custard splat shirt and a matchworn shirt from mid 90s. search for prnapper

Another Shameless plug. :unsure:

shameless460.jpg

mini-Beano-BashStreetPlugXmas.JPG

Slips, its well worth doing a comp on Twitter

Something along the lines of

RT and Follow to WIN 1 of my great New Books http://bit.ly/cLrULX Ends Sunday @ 5pm UK Only

You could run 1 a week for 4 weeks, you will notice that people will RT and Follow. Great way to get the book out there and your name amongst the masses.

Slips, its well worth doing a comp on Twitter

Something along the lines of

RT and Follow to WIN 1 of my great New Books http://bit.ly/cLrULX Ends Sunday @ 5pm UK Only

You could run 1 a week for 4 weeks, you will notice that people will RT and Follow. Great way to get the book out there and your name amongst the masses.

Been thinking of doing something like that actually, does it really work?

I have my holiday in August and Football Fables sounds like a good read. Will have to purchase that, just hope the kids don't bother me too much so I can actually get some peace and read it.

it does indeed work slips, i gave away a keyring and amassed another 200-300 followers but more importantly the Outstanding Branding message was spread far and wide. Dont get me wrong its not going to make you rich but if you also facebook it that your doing the comp its just another form of marketing to get the books seen.

I seem to be getting lots of new followers, but not so many RTs. Are people not getting it, or should I just be patient?

I seem to be getting lots of new followers, but not so many RTs. Are people not getting it, or should I just be patient?

As well as checking your @iainmacintosh which will show the RT that people copy and paste into Twitter, check the Retweet button on the right handside of your Home page, then click your Tweets, Retweeted as this will show people who just press the Retweet button, these wont show up on the @iainmacintosh

As well as checking your @iainmacintosh which will show the RT that people copy and paste into Twitter, check the Retweet button on the right handside of your Home page, then click your Tweets, Retweeted as this will show people who just press the Retweet button, these wont show up on the @iainmacintosh

Ah, just found the motherlode! 23 entries, 18 new followers. Extraordinary scenes, all in 45mins.

Slips follow it up with another comp if you can or for maximum impact do another 3, 1 each week covering the collection, as it has the snowball effect. Also when your doing your daily quizzes try and base them around something that's in the book so that you can slip the link in as much as poss without being obvious. Trust me it will have an impact, i have had some good business from twitter

ps as we're doing shameless plugs, check out my ebay - a signed custard splat shirt and a matchworn shirt from mid 90s. search for prnapper

just so you know, the matchworn shirt went for only 16 quid. some millwall fan wanted me to send it a shrimper in cambodia, i told him where to go.

Back