• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamima Bequm-Return or not ?

Shamima Bequm-Return or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • It's more complicated than that

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
Half a dozen people were convicted in November for being members of a proscribed organisation (similar to what the charge would be in this case if she was to face Justice) all jailed not one was deprived of their citizenship. So, whilst I am not saying her background had anything to do with it, this is the one and only time it has occurred. Particularly for a Legally innocent British Citizen.

Were those people you mentioned stranded abroad, begging the authorities to let them return though?

We have an estimated 360 Jihadi’s waiting/wanting to return to this Country. This move by the Home Office, could be the precedent we need, to stop these animals returning to our shores.

You’ve got to start somewhere. This seems as good a case as any.

The question that needs asking is, why aren’t these people - Begum included - being tried, convicted & sentenced in Syria?

Not all 15 year olds are the same.

Current news story is a case involving a 16 yo boy accused of raping and killing a primary school girl.

Same age as my eldest son, who is a well educated and placid kid.

As said not all children are the same. This girl is clearly an extraordinary individual, and not in a positive way. What 15yo do you know who would run off to Syria to join a death squad? Or even a 19yo having no empathy for a bunch of teeny pop fans being murdered, especially when they are your own uk citizens?
She is a serious risk to other British citizens, and this is why I don’t want her type* on our shores. (*and this refers to her mindset, not ethnicity)

And you support this girl? Sick!
Can you edit your post please, as I've pointed out I don't support this girl and I'm not sick so I'd appreciate that line being removed.

If she is in a refugee camp presumably no foreign authorities are looking to prosecute her so she is not facing justice.

One might suggest that at Syrian refugee camp is far worse than some of our prisons, especially the female ones.

The thought of her stranded there, is far greater justice, than being back here.

That’s good enough. It might not be the justice you want, but it’s justice nonetheless. And the HO seem to be well within their rights to do so.

One might suggest that at Syrian refugee camp is far worse than some of our prisons, especially the female ones.

The thought of her stranded there, is far greater justice, than being back here.

That’s good enough. It might not be the justice you want, but it’s justice nonetheless. And the HO seem to be well within their rights to do so.
that's just temporary though, she is a dangerous individual and shouldn't be left to roam amongst unsuspecting communities.

What about unmonitored internet radicalisation from wherever she is left? With the sob story that the nasty uk took her citizenship.away without a trial...
We have given her far greater tools to use against us than jailing her would have

I don’t suppose they have too many computers in the refugee camp, so we should be OK on that front :Winking:

there is no evidence that Labour experience more anti-Semitism that other major parties or society in general, in fact there is evidence to prove the opposite. I won't go into details on this thread but details are available on other threads and can be added to if necessary.

Agreed, no need to derail this thread.

We can discuss that matter elsewhere

that's just temporary though, she is a dangerous individual and shouldn't be left to roam amongst unsuspecting communities.

Precisely why we don’t want her back here.

She isn’t our problem anymore. If that makes us immoral, so be it.

She’s in Syria, let their authorities process her in the correct manner. Afterall, it is their country where the crimes were committed.

Out of interest you seem Quite happy to see her escape legal justice and remain technically innocent , yet accuse those who want her tried in this country as supporting her ? How does that work precisely ?

I don't believe I said anyone supports her did it. If I did I'd best rephrase it because I don't think anyone on her is that daft.

Support her right to British justice yes, a few do but supporting her ideals and her choices then no, I don't think I did.

Back