• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CHEMICO FC

Manager
Shaguile Coultirst must get a chance soon up front with Barry Corr play 442 again.He Played well earlier in the season, he could of had 6 goals in one game 5 all just passed the post scored 1. He could be our answer to our goal Drout. We must revert back to 442 Mr Brown.
The Fans are loosing heart with your formation.:omg:

Personally I'd give Coulthirst a go instead of BBBC at this time. If you go back to 4-4-2 it means either dropping Payne or playing him wide. Corr has done a decent enough job but we are crying out for a striker with pace who can cause problems by getting in behind.

Personally I'd give Coulthirst a go instead of BBBC at this time. If you go back to 4-4-2 it means either dropping Payne or playing him wide. Corr has done a decent enough job but we are crying out for a striker with pace who can cause problems by getting in behind.

The problem is, Coulthirst has told Phil that his preferred position is out wide. He feels the runs he makes suit him more to the wide position, as he cuts in, and gets behind the CB. he doesn't enjoy the central role, as he feels his runs are missed, and don't work in the central striker role. So if Shaq has said he would rather play wide, I suppose brown should listen.

Maybe if he adopted a straight 4-3-3, instead of 4-5-1, it might work, but that would mean dropping Payne - and many on here would scream blue murder on here if he did that.

Could you not play Payne in a three man midfield? I understand that you might not want to play him in a 4-4-2 but from what I have seen he is built for a three?

That said we used to play Russell Williamson in the middle of a 4-4-2 and he made Payne look like a giant.

Could you not play Payne in a three man midfield? I understand that you might not want to play him in a 4-4-2 but from what I have seen he is built for a three?

That said we used to play Russell Williamson in the middle of a 4-4-2 and he made Payne look like a giant.

I actually see someone wearing a Russell Williamson shirt quite regularly at the Hall, it's a nice piece of nostalgia, but I do wonder, what he was/is thinking.

I'm not sure about Payne in a 4-3-3, are you thinking on the right of the attacking three? As I would put Worrall there, and then three more physical midfielders in the centre, Timlin, Leonard and O'Toole for now. Payne goes missing too often for me, to be trusted in a central role, he can get away with it in AM role.

I just feel that at the moment, Brown knows roughly who his best eleven players are, but can't fit them into a formation, so tries to shoe horn them all into an eleven, and it doesn't work as a team.

I think he needs to consider what the best formation would be for his style of play, and then pick the best players for each position, and if that means leaving out a favourite (fan of his), or having a more talented player out of the team for a less talented player, then so be it. It really does feel a case of sacrificing a team ethic for having all the most telented players on the pitch. Individually they are good, but the shoe horning them into an eleven, doesn't fit with the 'sum of all parts' philosophy that mangers should all adhere to.

Last edited:
I actually see someone wearing a Russell WIlliamson shirt quite regularly at the Hall, it's a nice piece of nostalgia, but I do wonder, what he was/is thinking.

I'm not sure about Payne in a 4-3-3, are you thinking on the right of the attacking three? As I would have put Worrall there, and then three more physical midfielders in the centre, Clifford, Timlin and O'Toole for now. Payne goes missing too often for me, to be trusted in a central role, he can get away with it in AM role.

I just feel that at the moment, Brown knows roughly who his best eleven players are, but can't fit them into a formation, so tries to shoe horn them all into an eleven, and it doesn't work as a team.

I think he needs to consider what the best formation would be for his style of play, and then pick the best players for each position, and if that means leaving out a favourite (fan of his), or having a more talented player out of the team for a less talented player, then so be it. It really does feel a case of sacrificing a team ethic for having all the most telented players on the pitch. Individually they are good, but the shoe horning them into an eleven, doesn't fit with the 'sum of all parts' philosophy that mangers should all adhere to.

Brown has two problems.

Playing Corr as the lone forward simply does not work,either play him in a two or drop him.
The build up play is far to slow and laboured thus allowing the opponent to get behind the ball .

I actually see someone wearing a Russell Williamson shirt quite regularly at the Hall, it's a nice piece of nostalgia, but I do wonder, what he was/is thinking.

I'm not sure about Payne in a 4-3-3, are you thinking on the right of the attacking three? As I would put Worrall there, and then three more physical midfielders in the centre, Timlin, Leonard and O'Toole for now. Payne goes missing too often for me, to be trusted in a central role, he can get away with it in AM role.

So after all the negativity about Otoole you would play him mmmmmmm personally would like to see Clifford given a go , but he must have done or said something to really displease PB

The problem is, Coulthirst has told Phil that his preferred position is out wide. He feels the runs he makes suit him more to the wide position, as he cuts in, and gets behind the CB. he doesn't enjoy the central role, as he feels his runs are missed, and don't work in the central striker role. So if Shaq has said he would rather play wide, I suppose brown should listen.

Maybe if he adopted a straight 4-3-3, instead of 4-5-1, it might work, but that would mean dropping Payne - and many on here would scream blue murder on here if he did that.

Wasn't aware that Coulthirst had told Brown he preferred to play out wide.

I believe a 4-3-3 COULD work with Payne in midfield but only if two defensive-minded midfielders were paired with him. One of those would have to be Deegan, and you'd have to put the reins on Lenny a bit too. That would leave no place for the likes of Timlin or any of the other decent CM's we have. It's a problem.

Shaq has had ample opportunities to shine but failed so why would it be different now? From whatever position he played he showed that when given the chance to score he fails miserably. It does not matter if you are CF or WM, when you get into a scoring position you need to be clinical.

Shaq has had ample opportunities to shine but failed so why would it be different now? From whatever position he played he showed that when given the chance to score he fails miserably. It does not matter if you are CF or WM, when you get into a scoring position you need to be clinical.

Absolutely Shaq does need to be more clinical, but bear in mind that we only know this because in every game he's been in, he's had more chances on his own than the rest of the team combined over our last few games. He deserves a chance as clearly with him in the side we do create chances, and given enough chances he will put one or two away. He needs a run in the team again - he must have gelled with them after this time training together so let's see what he can do now.

Tweet from Chris Phillips about a friendly with QPR today:

Shaq Coulthirst and Myles Weston in attack for the Shrimpers at QPR today. Ben Coker could also play 45 minutes.

Absolutely Shaq does need to be more clinical, but bear in mind that we only know this because in every game he's been in, he's had more chances on his own than the rest of the team combined over our last few games. He deserves a chance as clearly with him in the side we do create chances, and given enough chances he will put one or two away. He needs a run in the team again - he must have gelled with them after this time training together so let's see what he can do now.

That's a good point, Shaq himself claims the best part of his game is the runs he makes in bahind defenders (albeit from wide in his preference), that must make it easier for our midfield in the supply line, rather than always aiming for the static Corr. At least make the defence work a bit harder.

Wasn't aware that Coulthirst had told Brown he preferred to play out wide.

I believe a 4-3-3 COULD work with Payne in midfield but only if two defensive-minded midfielders were paired with him. One of those would have to be Deegan, and you'd have to put the reins on Lenny a bit too. That would leave no place for the likes of Timlin or any of the other decent CM's we have. It's a problem.
I don't think one HAS to be Deegan. Timlin isn't exactly a massively attacking midfielder, so him and Lenny as the holding midfielders could work imo.

I agree, he has dropped three leagues and can hardly score. People will say he needs time to settle in, well Jason Williams has dropped leagues and managed to score from the outset. Others will say he is playing wide, so won't score, Ellis Brown is playing wide and has managed to score. So what other reasons can we provide?

Anything got to be better than the dross were currently serving up as football. Pace so hard to play against and Shaq has finished well on a few occasions.

Bazza has played nearly every game and scored three league goals of which at least one I can think if was a pen. Shaq has played a lot less and scored two of which both were good finishes. Given BBBC has no pace I think Shaq is a viable option as he has not started in weeks. Corr's last goal from open play was 25th October.

Shaguile Coultirst must get a chance soon up front with Barry Corr play 442 again.He Played well earlier in the season, he could of had 6 goals in one game 5 all just passed the post scored 1. He could be our answer to our goal Drout. We must revert back to 442 Mr Brown.

Lets hope he has read my Thread because fans are not happy with his taticts.

Can anyone confirm whether this post is for real? I thought I'd spotted the joke developing four letters in but so many people have replied that I'm beginning to think it's serious.

Back