• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"The 20-year-old, who had a successful spell at Southend United earlier in the campaign, will go straight into the squad for tomorrow’s Sky Bet League Two fixture against Carlisle United at Bootham Crescent.... A move to Southend United materialised last summer and Coulthirst recorded a goal ratio of one goal every three games, including a late penalty against the Minstermen in January’s 1-0 loss at Roots Hall."

http://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news/article/coulthirst-arrives-on-loan-2332557.aspx

He got 4 in 25 for us so not quite sure how they've worked that out as 1 in 3, unless that's based on starts but still a questionable statement.

Mr Coulthirst

So he's gone to York on loan then......................:stunned:

Good luck to him. Always looked good playing through the middle. Couldn't understand the obsession of playing him out wide week in week out.

Good luck to him. Always looked good playing through the middle. Couldn't understand the obsession of playing him out wide week in week out.

Because that's where he actually preferred to play. Obviously knew in his own head that he wasn't an out-and-out striker, and he was right.

Big piece in the Sun today on Shaq. Apparently going to be the next Harry Kane. Why didn't anyone tell us?

Big piece in the Sun today on Shaq. Apparently going to be the next Harry Kane. Why didn't anyone tell us?

Sounds like they are putting 2 and 2 together. Although, Harry Kane didn't do much while out on loan either.

Saw the second one on SSN, good finish!

He always looked like he could have been capable of something but for me he was a nearly man.

Another on the list of strikers who for whatever reason couldn't perform to the best of their ability at our club.

Could it be that he has actually had some 'striker'coaching at Spurs and remembered how to find the net?

good luck to the boy, he was not great here but he is still learning the game (like most of SENDs loaners) some will fit in
others not L2 football can be v difficult for some players

Didn't fit in to our system, like so many others before him.
Is it our system (if we have such a thing)? My impression, from my 49 years of watching Southend, is that strikers have to make an immediate impact at Roots Hall if they are going to have a long-term future with us and be actively supported by the fans. Players like Best, Collymore and Eastwood hit the ground running. Those that took time to hit the back of the net regularly in their first few matches were always easy prey for our contingent of "I could have scored that with my legs tied together and a blindfold on" boo boys. Too many of our 'unsuccessful' strikers have left us to go on to more successful careers elsewhere. This has gone on under a succession of different managers with a whole range of 'systems'. Goalkeepers seem to face a similar situation with us, too.

He's got a lot of work to do still. Positive he won't make the grade at Spurs, think that's a given. Probably a 10-15 goals a season man for a league 1 / 2 team. Like all strikers he needs to be more consistent and confidence will come from this. I liked him tbh, thought the fans were behind him and wouldn't say he got unfairly treated just didn't get the goals at the start of the season that he should have and think his confidence deteriorated from there, much like Weston really (although he is quite terrible and does get a hard time off fans). Wish Shaq all the best :thumbsup:

He's got a lot of work to do still. Positive he won't make the grade at Spurs, think that's a given. Probably a 10-15 goals a season man for a league 1 / 2 team. Like all strikers he needs to be more consistent and confidence will come from this. I liked him tbh, thought the fans were behind him and wouldn't say he got unfairly treated just didn't get the goals at the start of the season that he should have and think his confidence deteriorated from there, much like Weston really (although he is quite terrible and does get a hard time off fans). Wish Shaq all the best :thumbsup:

Round about the time we signed Weston, Gillingham fans told us that Weston would perform exactly as he has. Sometimes you kind of wish that managers would listen to the exporting club's supporters, it would have saved a lot of pain all round. Hindsight, eh? Its a wonderful thing. Bit off topic, but I feel better now.

Back