• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Irate Ian

Members
For the benefit of those who may not have yet seen or read RM's letter of extension of offer on the take up of shares [until 4 March] - it is below:-

SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED
(Registered in England and Wales with number 89767)

Dear Supporter

Offer for Subscription of Ordinary Shares

I have had an overwhelming number of requests to extend the Share Offer to allow supporters to financially plan what is a unique purchase of an interest in the Club. Accordingly I am writing to supporters of the Club who may not have as yet purchased shares and still wish to do so or to acquire a few more before I must close the offer.

The Board has decided that in the interests of the Club and its supporters the offer could be extended for a further short period, until Tuesday 4 March 2008 by which time we may also have heard about the new stadium plans.

To remind you of the position and to bring you up to date :-

• On 29th January 2008 the Company sent to all its supporters a document (the Offer Document) containing an offer to supporters for them to subscribe for up to 296,666 ordinary shares at £6 per share payable as to at least one half on subscription and the balance by 31 March 2008 (the offer).

The minimum subscription under the offer was for 20 ordinary shares, that is, a minimum subscription of £120.

• The offer was open until 19 February by which time nearly 1000 new shareholders had subscribed with purchases ranging from £120 (£60 first instalment) to £20,000.

• As part of the extension of the offer the Company has also agreed that the balance of the subscription monies need not be received by the Club until Friday 11 April 2008 from those supporters applying under the extended offer.

Credit card payments remain open until this date.

• The litigation brought by a former ticketing partner of the Club for breach of contract resulted in Seatbooker Sales Limited being awarded £70,614 (including interest) plus costs. Their original claim was for £388,150 including interest plus costs.

• We have as you know already made several signings whilst the transfer window was open and I am sure that you will join with me in welcoming those new players.

We are well placed in the League and with an improved squad I hope that we can now make a real challenge.

If you would like another copy of the Offer Document or the Application Form then please telephone the Club on 01702 304050. You may, however, continue to use the Application form previously sent to you and it will be understood that the revised dates will apply.

I hope you, as a supporter of the Club, will be able to demonstrate your continuing commitment to its future success by becoming a shareholder in the Company and I look forward to welcoming you.

Ronald Martin
Chairman

Back