• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I have been asked to give some feedback on him during his spell with us, I know you people will give a much better analysis overall. So over to you.

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]"Hi there, I'm a Spurs blogger who is currently doing an end of season player review about our under 23 side. If at all possible would you be able to send me a paragraph of your opinions and thoughts on how on loan Shayon Harrison has done this season? It would be greatly appreciated."[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Kind regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Lennon.[/FONT]

Good feet and movement. Looks too lightweight to play a man's game. Should he bulk up a bit he will probably get a career as a pro. Doesn't look prem quality though.

Pros : Neat and tidy, gets in good positions and appears to have a good footballing brain.

Cons: Lack of strength, physicality and speed appears to outweigh the brain at the moment but plenty of time to bulk up. Seems to lack confidence, wonder what an early goal would have done for him.

Overall: Would I be happy to keep him for next season? Not really as unfortunately we don't have the luxury of developing players and need double figure goal scoring forwards. I don't think that at this stage he is quick enough to play wide and is not strong enough to play down the middle - HOWEVER, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he goes on to become a decent player.

I have been asked to give some feedback on him during his spell with us, I know you people will give a much better analysis overall. So over to you.

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]"Hi there, I'm a Spurs blogger who is currently doing an end of season player review about our under 23 side. If at all possible would you be able to send me a paragraph of your opinions and thoughts on how on loan Shayon Harrison has done this season? It would be greatly appreciated."[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Kind regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Lennon.[/FONT]

Don't need a paragraph. Barely noticeable.

Needs to bulk up as to be expected. Appears to be a confidence player, reads the game well when fully committed. I suspect we've not seen the best of him but who knows. A decent Championship player in the future.

Had a very impressive first appearance for us, unfortunately, has failed subsequently, to replicate that. He has good feet but seems a little lightweight and would benefit from playing regularly next season.

I'm trying to remember if he was better for us than Shaquille Coulthirst or not. Neither really did much tbh, but whilst Coulthirst was more physically ready I think Harrison's the better prospect - if only because Coulthirst was so one dimensional the way he always turned back onto his left.

If Harrison signed on loan for all of next season I'd be underwhelmed but if Spuds released him I'd be interested in a permanent deal.

His ability to make sponge cakes and patisserie is very good and I would think that he would have a future in this area. Still needs to work on his chocolate skills but he has potential. However, the down side is his bread making - often over worked or under proofed. There is no "natural connection" here and sadly I'm not sure that practice and more coaching is going to see any significant improvement.

I think there is a player in there but sadly he came to the wrong team at the wrong time. I do not think playing out wide, certainly in Lg 1, is suitable for him. I suspect he might do well as a number 10 but who is going to take the chance and try him there?

Doesn't have an identity. I don't know if he's a winger, a CAM or a striker. Very disappointing

The real benefit for Harrison has been his exposure to proper 'big boys' football. Being with the squad and getting first team starts and coming off the bench will undoubtedly have improved his footballing education. Good enough for FL1? not yet, he's a bit too lightweight when it comes to the rough and tumble of some opposition defences. He has some nice touches on the ball and he can see a pass early but he will need to bulk up a bit and do a bit more of the basics, having a shot would be nice, to be a regular in the team. That will no doubt come but whether it will be with us is uncertain based on what I have seen. Obviously CP will have a view, and that's the one that really matters.

Has all the early attributes except physical presence and will probably make a career at some level if he bulks up and has the right developement. Not yet at the level to play regularly in L1 or probably 2 but justifies squad & bench time...................Needs to drink Beer to assist physical growth :nope:

Has flattered to deceive at times. Got decent feet and pace, but lacks experience and hasn't really grabbed the few opportunities he has had. Still not quite sure if he is a forward or a winger, and if he is to progress at any level, someone needs to work out where his best position is. Doesn't look anywhere near Premier League quality atm, and good probably do with a season long loan at a lower level than League One.

Right now he's not League 1 quality but he wouldn't be the first loan player to look poor here and to end up establishing themselves at a higher level than us a couple of years down the line. He's clearly got some talent but he's just too easy to outmuscle which means he rarely actually gets a chance to do anything. Possibly he's been neglecting the physical side of his game because it's not as necessary at youth level, his time with us will probably make him realise he needs to bulk up. If he does so I can see him being championship quality later in a few years time, until he develops his strength though I don't think he's better than League 2.

Take your pick from either of the following words:

"Disappointing" or "Underwhelming"!

But he is very thin- in fact extremely hungry and malnourished no doubt, and young, so surely we should sign him. Maybe let Cox go and he can be the replacement.....:-)

Back