• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sheena and Morris

Jonny_Stokes

Sir Jonny Of Promotionshire
How are our rejects settling in?

I've had it on good authority that Morris was only released because we're too skint to give him a testimonial. So neck-and-neck to see who goes out of business first, as well as enjoying a point-for-point battle in our respective divisions. Joy.

J_S

Morris has largely been accepted as one of the better (best?) players to join us this summer, and he has been impressive...

He's definitely got a touch of the Flahavans about him, for better or worse. Saturday was the first I'd seen of him in a Southend shirt and he was certainly kept busy. Thought he maybe could have done better on the first, although I've not seen a replay.

I thought that too Beefy - thought he should have come and cleared it out, but on viewing the replay, I dont think there was much he could have done...

I thought that too Beefy - thought he should have come and cleared it out, but on viewing the replay, I dont think there was much he could have done...

Whoever the keeper is if there's a goal scored from a cross into the six yard box your initial thoughts have to be about whether the keeper should have done better. it was a cracking cross at pace though, to be fair.

Last edited:
Sounds about right. His shot-stopping really is excellent, and I suppose he won't have too many decent crosses to deal with. Glad he's settled in.

Just looking at it from my - generally inadquate - point of view, are Grant and Easton looking a bit too similar in the middle?

Sounds about right. His shot-stopping really is excellent, and I suppose he won't have too many decent crosses to deal with. Glad he's settled in.

Just looking at it from my - generally inadquate - point of view, are Grant and Easton looking a bit too similar in the middle?

Saturday was the first time they've played as a 'two' in the middle and it didn't work well. Neither seemed to know what the other was going to do although Grant tended to go forward towards the start and Easton did it in the second half.

I wouldn't say that they are similar players but I'm not sure if either are ideally equiped to drive us forward from the middle.

No, I rarely get them mixed up!

Whoever the keeper is if there's a goal scored from a cross into the six yard box you're initial thoughts have to be about whether the keeper should have done better. it was a cracking cross at pace though, to be fair.

As you say, it was an excellent delivery and ones keepers must hate - I think its one of them where you dont know whether to stick or twist. There was a defender their too, so perhaps he felt he had a better chance of dealing with an effort on target, than coming and getting in a mess on the 6 yard line?

EDIT: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/8913099.stm

Just watched it again, I dont think he could have go it, it looks about 15 ft in the air and drops to about 6ft right on the corner of the 6 yard box, so by the time he got the flight of it, it was over him. Personally I dont think I can blame him.

Last edited:
Been the best performer so far by some stretch, he was superb at Aldershot in the conditions that could easily have ended 2 or 3. Saturday he was the same although I thought he could have done a little better with the third, he had a long time to see it and it wasn't hit that hard.

Back