• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bugger, have a soft spot for Everton (in the family thing) so yesterday booked tickets for their FA Cup game vs Leicester, then see this. Already missing boxing day due to family commitments, so two out of three home games missed, will have to loan out my season tickets

Is this really a good idea ?

Sheffield Utd on form,
Coker out,
Ranger out,

Would have thought the original Feb date would have been better for us? With so many home games straight after Christmas will non-Season ticket holders be able to fund all these games?

We'd better bloody win this match then...

I'm with you on this, I wonder who arranged/rearranged this fixture the FA or our chairman?

Whos idea was this sufc or sheffields?

Shame we have no more mid week games now.

Great stuff.

Tuesday night and it's a 6-7k gate. Saturday and it's an 8k+ gate.

More revenue for the club. And a good chance to make up ground and get the points to seal another term in league 1 at the very least

Yes, all those home games. What a fantastic cash flow for Ron. He'll really be able to splash out in the transfer window .... Can anyone find a pig flying emoticon for me?

I'm with you on this, I wonder who arranged/rearranged this fixture the FA or our chairman?

It was arranged by Phil Brown knowing full well that he would by that time be the manager of Bolton/Birmingham/Crystal Palace/(enter club of your choice) ...................... :smiles:

Is this really a good idea ?

Sheffield Utd on form,
Coker out,
Ranger out,

Would have thought the original Feb date would have been better for us? With so many home games straight after Christmas will non-Season ticket holders be able to fund all these games?

We'd better bloody win this match then...

We never win on Tuesdays at home anyway, so surely we have a better chance on a Saturday :smile:

Yes, all those home games. What a fantastic cash flow for Ron. He'll really be able to splash out in the transfer window .... Can anyone find a pig flying emoticon for me?

I'm no Ron lover , but you can't deny he backs his managers.

If we are serious about promotion then we have to probably add one or two in the transfer window.

With the games against the Wombles charlton bolton sheffield united coming up it might make all the difference financially.

Ranger should be fit by then so all being well over Christmas we will be nearly at full fitness. It will save us a bit of fixture congestion later in the season which can only be a good thing

We win all those Home games especially as they against teams above us, then i think we will be in for a bloody good position to press on for a promotion or at the very least a playoff spot.And it is possible to win all those matches, am i asking too much ,probably, but we can dream!.Seems to me from afar that the team on its day is good enough to defeat any team in this division,its just a matter of the players truly believing in themselves and each other.
:happy:

It was, I'm sure, as well 'Bearded'.

Our record on Tuesday's, this season, is actually pretty good.

Not sure we've been beaten over 90 minutes in any match, apart from that League Cup debacle in August!

Oh and that Stevenage match we agreed never to talk about again! :winking:

I think it's fair enough to move fixtures to a Saturday, but it would be helpful if the club were more up front about this and announced that they were looking to move a Tuesday night fixture to fill that gap and would let us know as soon as something was finalised.

I think it's fair enough to move fixtures to a Saturday, but it would be helpful if the club were more up front about this and announced that they were looking to move a Tuesday night fixture to fill that gap and would let us know as soon as something was finalised.

They didn't have a gap until Tuesday night. Its not the first time two L1 clubs have rearranged a league fixture on FAC 3rd round day.

We always knew something might happen if Posh went through. We do have 3 games at home in January so if any are called off we could reuse the same Tuesday date as the original Sheffield game on 28th Feb.

Back