• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
The Echo is reporting that there has been an interest from a Championship manager speaking directly to PB regarding Lenny. PB stated that it would take a substantial bid for the club to be interested and he really wants to keep him. The Echo believes the interested club is Sheffield United.

This rumour has been floating for a while now, on here and elsewhere, so it's not exactly new, but the fact that it has reached Echo newspaper level suggests it's not going away. Personally I would do all we can to keep Lenny, but if the offer is right and the player wants to go, then he would with all my good wishes for the future.

We shall see what develops.

Nobody can say he hasn't earned the right to have a shot at the Championship. If they are willing to pay the asking price, which I would hope would be at least £750,000, then we can't deny him the opportunity.

McCormack in Leonard out... That's going to push our average age up!!!

Sheff United would be a good move for him.

The raid on our best players will happen, that's why we really should have tried to seal promotion this year. Can't blame a player to want to better themselves.

Whilst many clubs at our level sadly have to to accept part of the build and develop plan includes selling , I would hope Lenny would depart if we have to, for a proper fee, nothing less than £1m+ for our consistent star performer ? Although different in some senses , what price Lenny if Dack was nearly sold for over £2m and Lenny is a better all rounder? If Lenny went and Mc Cormack came in clearly we would be going downwards on the squad front, unless other signings significantly strengthened us ?. Without Lenny our promotion push would be in serious jeopardy without an intake of better players

Whilst many clubs at our level sadly have to to accept part of the build and develop plan includes selling , I would hope Lenny would depart if we have to, for a proper fee, nothing less than £1m+ for our consistent star performer ? Although different in some senses , what price Lenny if Dack was nearly sold for over £2m and Lenny is a better all rounder? If Lenny went and Mc Cormack came in clearly we would be going downwards on the squad front, unless other signings significantly strengthened us ?. Without Lenny our promotion push would be in serious jeopardy without an intake of better players

The key is if we do get good money for Lenny that we use it wisely. While there are the usual concerns that it will disappear into a black hole of debt, to be fair it does appear that we used the Bentley/Payne/Hayden money very wisely this year, enabling us to sign the likes of Ferdinand and Cox who might well have been out of our range if we didn't receive those transfer fees.

As an aside, this is exactly the reason why I can never understand people who say 'we're not ready for promotion, we should wait for next year'. Tell that to Walsall, whose excellent 2015/16 side was totally decimated last summer when the vultures came. If a club our size doesn't go up, the big clubs will simply pick at the best players and we have to start over again. Fortunately, we're in a much better position than Walsall were as we have the majority tied down to contracts. But if clubs pay the asking price, we can't stand in the way of a player trebling his wage by going up a division.

Dack had goals, and lots of them. Goals massively inflate transfer fees, as unfair as that is.

Can't really deny him the move as long as we get a good price for him. He's young, english (adds value), an unbelievable athlete, a sensible lad and very talented (as well as proven at L1 ability). I think we should be holding out for over a mill and for a good set of add ons. He'll perform at CCC level I have no doubt and the sky is the limit for him

How long has he got left on his contract? That will play a huge factor in any fee we could demand.

Lenny deserves a chance at the Championship at least and if someone offers a good deal then fair enough. He's been a great servant to our club and would go with my best wishes.

He is though settled here and his girlfriend is local I believe so that might count in our favour, though I can imagine at least a trebling in wages could tempt them north.

Lenny deserves a chance at the Championship at least and if someone offers a good deal then fair enough. He's been a great servant to our club and would go with my best wishes.

He is though settled here and his girlfriend is local I believe so that might count in our favour, though I can imagine at least a trebling in wages could tempt them north.

Definitely. A footballer's career is very short. He'd be a fool to turn it down.

Sheffield United interested in Blues' star Leonard

SHEFFIELD United are keen on signing Southend United’s player of the year Ryan Leonard, Echosport understands.

More...

Would expect at least £1m for him, he has made a lot of appearances for someone of 24 years old and been the heartbeat of a side that has ammassed over 200 points in the last 3 seasons.

I assume he will be over the age for getting a fee when his contract expires at the end of next season?

Maybe a move in January for less cash might be the way to go, unless we are pushing for promotion ourselves.

One year left....we will not get much forHim 250k max

Any offers around that then he will stay even if it means he will go on a free. RM/PB as they have done before will decide its with risking the 250k for the benefit he brings. RM does not accept offers he considers well below value so if a Championship club wants him it will need at least £1m plus in my view.

Yes you can say you can't keep a player who wants out- but this depends on the player. I don't think Lenny is the type to force the club to accept a derisory offer - of course he has an agent so that's always a wild card..

Back