• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Use that projected vast sum of money to bring back Macca and Deegan.....no one will mess with us then ...even if we finish with 9 men each game..:thumbsup:

As has been said above, do well and there will be other clubs looking at your players. Do poorly and again, clubs will come looking to lure a player to a club with better prospects .........

.......... and has been mentioned, it is all too easy for a club to go from nearly getting promotion to getting relegated soon after - it happened to us when we went from play-off contenders to being relegated for instance.

We are all hopeful that we can keep most of the current team and progress again next season but we shouldn't take that for granted - none of the opposition will when the new season kicks off.

And again, as has been said above, either we get a decent fee for Lenny or Ronald will simply let Brown keep him until January at the very least. I hope Lenny stays but I think he will be moving on ........... and I think there are far better midfield options out there than signing McCormack.

It benefits him to stay until the end of his contract, with him being old enough to not come command a fee if he leaves. So more clubs would be more interested in him as they wouldn't have to pay a fee which means they can spend more on his wages and signing on fee.

Unless we get the money we want for him to go we would be stupid to sell.

It benefits him to stay until the end of his contract, with him being old enough to not come command a fee if he leaves. So more clubs would be more interested in him as they wouldn't have to pay a fee which means they can spend more on his wages and signing on fee.

Unless we get the money we want for him to go we would be stupid to sell.

Above - this. Yes, why would we sell unless the funds are enough to a) give PB some money for replacement(s) and b) help fund the new ground.

If Huddersfield thought £650k was a price they were willing to pay for an out of contract Jack Payne then I'd value RL at over £1 million.

While that would be good financial business, we'd be lucky to find an equivalent replacement that we can afford, and who would want to join us. If we can then I'll be delighted.

If Huddersfield thought £650k was a price they were willing to pay for an out of contract Jack Payne then I'd value RL at over £1 million.

While that would be good financial business, we'd be lucky to find an equivalent replacement that we can afford, and who would want to join us. If we can then I'll be delighted.

Strange thing to say - we have a new ground coming, a manager that wants to manage England, we just missed out on the play-offs and have scored plenty of goals which all suggest that we are a club that could be on the way up ......

........... and there will be a list of midfielders that Brown and Coughlan are looking at now - those that are available from Division 2 through to prospects from Division 4. All in all, a good many opportunities.

And none of us should forget that Lenny came to us through a trial - suggesting that others looked at him and thought "he wasn't good enough" at the time to earn a place in a team without showing what he was capable of.

Strange thing to say - we have a new ground coming, a manager that wants to manage England, we just missed out on the play-offs and have scored plenty of goals which all suggest that we are a club that could be on the way up ......

........... and there will be a list of midfielders that Brown and Coughlan are looking at now - those that are available from Division 2 through to prospects from Division 4. All in all, a good many opportunities.

And none of us should forget that Lenny came to us through a trial - suggesting that others looked at him and thought "he wasn't good enough" at the time to earn a place in a team without showing what he was capable of.
lots of higher league teams are trimming their squads .... happy to pick up a hungry out of contract player from the championship, that wants a challenge... and f me, are we a challenge!!!!!!

If Ryan Leonard moves to Sheffield United he wont have to have the massive SUFC tattoo (which I presume all of our players have on their chests) removed.

Sadly I think this ones got legs.

If Ryan Leonard moves to Sheffield United he wont have to have the massive SUFC tattoo (which I presume all of our players have on their chests) removed.

Sadly I think this ones got legs.

Is it like Sons of Anarchy if you leave on bad terms the tattoo has to be blacked out or burnt off?

I think some of these prices are a little bit high for a player with only a year left on his contract. £400k if the sun is shining that day but could see it being lower. If the clubs valuation is too high Sheff United could always wait to make a pre-contract agreement.

Huddersfield paid £650k for Payne because tribunals take consideration of a players potential and they made an 'educated guess' to bypass that process. [I feel that the tribunal process favours the club losing a player] This is just a straight forward transaction.

If he stays until the end of next season I presume we would receive no transfer fee next summer as he will be 26 by then, so it would be a different scenario to Bentley and Payne who were worth turning down offers for as there would still be a fee to be paid at the end of their contract due to their age. It is a tricky situation but I trust Ron and Phil to do what is best for the club. If Lenny wants to leave to further his career elsewhere then nobody can begrudge him that.

It a game of roulette. He stays and is instrumental in promotion next season, will be worth much more to us then any fee we get this summer. So can see Ron turning anything less than a million down.

Also I don't think he is in any rush to move but sadly as much as he loves SUFC (of the Southend variety!) can't see him signing a new contract. He will be off next summer if we don't get promoted.

This is why I'm always confused when people post "we were not ready to get promoted". If we had got promoted, contract extension signed already. The additions to the squad would likely be of higher quality to the ones we will get in league one too. Best to get there and hang on, than to wait until you're good enough to win the league (like Wigan did last year). Anyway that's off topic.

Would love lenny to sign up for longer. If not I expect to see him get moved on for in mid to late August. He's been our best player for about 4 years now, so will be a massive loss.

Depends if Brown can convince him we're going to get promoted next season, no doubt Lenny is very well settled here. The offer of an improved contract for this year with the added bonus of hugely improved one following promotion next season or he'll be free to go. He is our most important player and the club needs to move heaven and earth to keep him.

If RM is serious about the Championship then he needs to break the bank to keep Lenny,

The financial rewards of promotion will surely outweigh his pay rise or any fee we are likely to get for him right now, new improved contract right now please Ronald!

If RM is serious about the Championship then he needs to break the bank to keep Lenny,

The financial rewards of promotion will surely outweigh his pay rise or any fee we are likely to get for him right now, new improved contract right now please Ronald!

RM has broken the bank once before and we ended up stuck in L2 with HMRC buzzing around us like flies.

Back