• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If RM is serious about the Championship then he needs to break the bank to keep Lenny,

The financial rewards of promotion will surely outweigh his pay rise or any fee we are likely to get for him right now, new improved contract right now please Ronald!

No we shouldn't. Lenny is a big player for us who has given fantastic service to the club. He should be among out top earners for sure and I'm my mind we should offer him an improved 3 year deal. We shouldnt break the bank for any player.

If we talk to Lenny and he wants to move on then we shouldn't stand in his way.

Fwiw in think Payne has doubled his salary at Huddersfield and has barely featured as more than a substitute. Bentley is ever present for Brentford.

It's all about ambition and personal life balance. He is settled here and is a massive part of the team. Does he want to move away and possibly end up a bit part player albeit on more money.

We should make Lenny our captain as he must now be out longest serving player.

Breaking the bank is what got us into League Two with four contracted players in mid-July. If it wasn't for Paul Sturrock, we could be in the Conference South by now.

No we shouldn't. Lenny is a big player for us who has given fantastic service to the club. He should be among out top earners for sure and I'm my mind we should offer him an improved 3 year deal. We shouldnt break the bank for any player.

If we talk to Lenny and he wants to move on then we shouldn't stand in his way.

Fwiw in think Payne has doubled his salary at Huddersfield and has barely featured as more than a substitute. Bentley is ever present for Brentford.

It's all about ambition and personal life balance. He is settled here and is a massive part of the team. Does he want to move away and possibly end up a bit part player albeit on more money.

We should make Lenny our captain as he must now be out longest serving player.

To be clear; I'm not talking about paying him Championship wages (that will likely come if we get promoted, along with the revenue streams), but surely the club needs to make him a serious offer, and make him the highest earner at the club. It would then be his choice to accept or not.

How much are the club paying Ferdinand and Cox? I cannot imagine they are on ave. Lge 1 salaries (according to a press report it is only £70K pa), so would it really be a step we have not already taken? if RM wants promotion then the club needs to speculate.

If he does go to Sheff Utd I would not be surprised to see him flourish and become a regular in their side.

Talking of Jack Payne, I so wanted him to score that 'pen' last night, shame that !

To be clear; I'm not talking about paying him Championship wages (that will likely come if we get promoted, along with the revenue streams), but surely the club needs to make him a serious offer, and make him the highest earner at the club. It would then be his choice to accept or not.

How much are the club paying Ferdinand and Cox? I cannot imagine they are on ave. Lge 1 salaries (according to a press report it is only £70K pa), so would it really be a step we have not already taken? if RM wants promotion then the club needs to speculate.

If he does go to Sheff Utd I would not be surprised to see him flourish and become a regular in their side.

Talking of Jack Payne, I so wanted him to score that 'pen' last night, shame that !
Call me bitter....... but I laughed out loud when he missed .....cue the bitter comments

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me bitter....... but I laughed out loud when he missed .....cue the bitter comments

When i heard he was taking the final penalty I knew he'd miss.

Personally I don't hold any grudge against the kid, I hope Huddersfield get promoted. Doubt he'll even make the bench in the Prem though...

No player is bigger than the team, he will have to be replaced one day... Even BBBC was replaced and dare I say it - with an upgrade..

Leonard owes us nothing and the club owes him nothing. I can see any transfer being very amicable. He is certainly not indispensable, sometimes a player can stand out when they are surrounded by weak links.

Leonard owes us nothing and the club owes him nothing. I can see any transfer being very amicable. He is certainly not indispensable, sometimes a player can stand out when they are surrounded by weak links.

Sometimes a player stands out because they are the best at what they do in the whole division.

He is most certainly not the best in the league. I can remember the fawning over Kevin Maher, this sounds similar.

Sheffield Untied think so and they won it with 100 points.

Edit. When I said best at what they do, I meant as a defensive CM. Of course there are players who are better on the ball, Wordsworth for one but Lenny is the best in the division at what he does best. His reading of the danger and his pace make him Championship material with out a doubt.

Last edited:
Lenny is one of the top 5 midfielders in league 1 for sure. He's our most important player and will be near on impossible to replace.

My understanding is as well that Neil Harris raves about Lenny as well.

Lenny is fantastic athlete, he's strong and powerful and only 24 . He will get better and better. His development this season has been very impressive. We look and are a better team with him in it, that speaks volumes.

I would be gutted if Lenny left, he really has been the driving force in this squad, look at the trophies he collected at the end of the season. Whoever Lenny plays for next season, they can count themselves fortunate to have such a wholehearted player

I truely hope he stays for another season at least and that he gets a contract with us sorted out for the next three years with great clauses in it for him if/ when a Chump or Prem club come knocking with at least £1.5 million.
He is always going to be on the starting team sheet of us and any team in this league.
When he plays higher up the football pyramid then it will be with pleasure that I will monitor how he gets on playing with (probably) better players around him.
Is he too old now for an U21 England call up? They used to allow a few older players in friendliest didn't they?

Back