• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To rub salt into their wounds they have to play Wednesday....

Good on them for highlighting this, the 3 months in advance train fare is something a lot of people do and a £50 train fare to somewhere you are playing on a different date to the one on your train ticket soon saps your enthusiasm

Had already tweeted my support when I first found out about this campaign. It really is shocking how little consideration is given to football fans.

The FA has no power ever since they shamelessly sold out and went in with the top clubs to create the Premiership. Football is controlled in this country by the Premiership and whoever pays the most money, at the moment Sky. I hope things will change but can't see it happening in the near future - don't contribute to Sky!!!!!

You have to feel for the Sheffield Utd fans that have booked accommodation and travel. As the article states, many would have made a weekend of it at a seaside town in March and the weather should be a bit warmer.

I would have expected 10,000+ for the Bank holiday fixture but with the new one, I can't see many more than about 7,000.

Exactly as many of ours have done in the last few years for the away trips to Fleetwood and Morecambe, for instance.

It's also happened this weekend to us with the Shrewsbury game, admittedly that's been moved for other reasons but my son and some of his friends already had non-refundable train tickets for Saturday. Rather than waste the money they're going to have the day out anyway and are going to use the tickets to get to Birmingham and see the Villa game to tick off a ground on a couple of their numbers 92 list..... However I think they would have been very miffed if it had been their weekend in Blackpool for the Morecambe or Fleetwood game last year.....

You have to feel for the Sheffield Utd fans that have booked accommodation and travel. As the article states, many would have made a weekend of it at a seaside town in March and the weather should be a bit warmer.

I would have expected 10,000+ for the Bank holiday fixture but with the new one, I can't see many more than about 7,000.

A weekend in Southend?

Sounds to me like Sheffield United fans have dodged a bullet.

There seems to have been a lot more faffing around with fixtures this year. Home and away but there is zero consideration for the supporters.

The TV games should all be selected at the start of the season. I know of someone who has booked train tickets 3 times this season and the game has been moved.

We particularly enjoyed having our game at Hartlepool moved with 10 days notice to f***ing 12:15 on a Sunday (just 30 mins before the first train arrives from London). Good on the Sheff U fans.

I have SKY and love it, we love sport in our house, i do, my wife and my kids. Do i think things like this Sheff Utd business are wrong, absolutely, but im not going to cancel my subscription over it. Its never stopped me going to games whether Southend are live on TV home or away. I support the club and attend games. As a season ticket holder i will be there at home against Burton and Sheff Utd. Of course i have every sympathy with the Sheff Utd fans and of course our attendance will be affected by moving the game, but the same thing in principle has just happened to us away at Port Vale and that has nothing to do with television. Unfortunately these things happen in football rightly or wrongly.

I have SKY and love it, we love sport in our house, i do, my wife and my kids. Do i think things like this Sheff Utd business are wrong, absolutely, but im not going to cancel my subscription over it. Its never stopped me going to games whether Southend are live on TV home or away. I support the club and attend games. As a season ticket holder i will be there at home against Burton and Sheff Utd. Of course i have every sympathy with the Sheff Utd fans and of course our attendance will be affected by moving the game, but the same thing in principle has just happened to us away at Port Vale and that has nothing to do with television. Unfortunately these things happen in football rightly or wrongly.

Well it's quite obviously wrong - lets face it Sky are just scrabbling around to fill their schedules. Unlikely that your armchair Premier League fan is going to hunker down to watch 90 mins of League 1 football.

Well it's quite obviously wrong - lets face it Sky are just scrabbling around to fill their schedules. Unlikely that your armchair Premier League fan is going to hunker down to watch 90 mins of League 1 football.

Yes i think you are probably right.

There seems to have been a lot more faffing around with fixtures this year. Home and away but there is zero consideration for the supporters.

The TV games should all be selected at the start of the season. I know of someone who has booked train tickets 3 times this season and the game has been moved.

I don't think it is unreasonable that Sky screen matches later in the season based on where teams are in the league. It isn't in their interest to show a midtable match in March or April. But it needs to be a much more open process than it currently is. TV matches for the second half of the season should be announced at Christmas.

Personally I am looking forward to some SUFC and SUFC fan solidarity at the match when we all chant "You can stick your f$£%ing SKY up your a$%e" just as the match kicks off for maximum coverage.

Maybe this is something the two fan groups could organise - I expect anyway we will do it better than whoever organised the minutes applause.

UTB

Something like this from Crystal Palace a few years ago on Transfer deadline day?

Fanatics 4.jpg

There's an article about it too:

News Shopper

Personally I am looking forward to some SUFC and SUFC fan solidarity at the match when we all chant "You can stick your f$£%ing SKY up your a$%e" just as the match kicks off for maximum coverage.

Maybe this is something the two fan groups could organise - I expect anyway we will do it better than whoever organised the minutes applause.
UTB

And probably being sung by a majority of supporters that have sky themselves! Isnt it one in three households have sky these days?

Back