• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
They've lost to Millwall and Crewe in their last two league games, and were beaten by Fleetwood on pens in the JPT, so it's definitely a winnable game. Can see this being a typical Brown performance of playing for a 0-0 and hoping for a bit of luck to give us a 1-0 victory. Personally think we'll do very well to come away with anything given the current injuries and suspensions but you never know!

6 of those who started last night have to start again on Saturday to comply with the JPT competition rules, which could help with a few decisions. Tims is back after suspension.

I'd go:
Bentley,
White, Bolger, Barrett, Coker,
Worrall, Atkinson, Leonard, Timlin,
Mooney, Pigott
Subs: T. Smith, Rea (if these two are back?), O'Neill, Prosser/Thompson, Hurst, Payne, Williams

I know Brown usually doesn't change a back line after a clean sheet but by the sounds of it that was more down to Dan with the defence, and two games of 90 minutes in 4 days is a big ask for two centre backs coming back from injury, particularly after how long Thompson was out and him apparently looking a bit rusty to start with last night.

Could easily say that Hurst did more to warrant his place than Atkinson by the sounds of it but I can't see Brown playing two wingers at Brammall Lane.

Obviously we don't know whether Weston will be fit, but would have him on the bench in place of Prosser/Thompson if he is. Other than that, you're looking to Paul Smith and the under 21s to fill the bench. :'(

The back 5 and undroppable Leonard will be the six that started last night to start again

If he has to pick six that will be:

Bentley, White, Coker, Mooney, Leonard and one other.

I'd like to see Worrall get a game but wasn't there on Tuesday to know if this is a good idea or not. I would imagine that at least one of Thompson or Barrett will keep their place. Brown has previously said that there's no need to change a back 5 that kept a clean sheet right?

Following the boredom of last nights game of rubbish vs very rubbish, I have to decided to offer a team for Saturday based on some kind of perceived excitement value. Notwithstanding injuries here goes.

Bentley
Coker
Barratt
?
?
Timlin
Leonard
Worrell
Deegan
Weston
Payne

Subs: Williams ? ? ? and ?

Boring players left out for good include all the remaining backs, Atkinson, Hurst, Mooney, Pigott, Mcloughlin.

...........................................bentley.............................
white...................thompson..........prosser.................coker
............................leonard............timlin..........................
.........worrall......................mooney..................weston.....
........................................pigott...................................

subs: williams,hurst,payne,barrett,o'neill,smith,atkinson

...........................................bentley.............................
white...................thompson..........prosser.................coker
............................leonard............timlin..........................
.........worrall......................mooney..................weston.....
........................................pigott...................................

subs: williams,hurst,payne,barrett,o'neill,smith,atkinson

Given all the injured or international players we will be missing,I have to agree with this starting line-up and list of subs EXCEPT of course you have badly misspelt the name of our best central defender,it's B O L G E R and certainly doesn't have any p's or s's in it.

Following the boredom of last nights game of rubbish vs very rubbish, I have to decided to offer a team for Saturday based on some kind of perceived excitement value. Notwithstanding injuries here goes.

Bentley
Coker
Barratt
?
?
Timlin
Leonard
Worrell
Deegan
Weston
Payne

Subs: Williams ? ? ? and ?

Boring players left out for good include all the remaining backs, Atkinson, Hurst, Mooney, Pigott, Mcloughlin.

Piggott was really boring just a few weeks ago when he scored in a few games. Was he meant to score a hatrick in the substitute appearance last night?

The weather forecast for Saturday in Sheffield is atrocious, which could be a leveller...

Think Sheff Utd will be far too strong for us and can see us getting turned over 3-0 , I know prediction is negative but our defending has not been great of late and our forwards cant hit the target !

Think Sheff Utd will be far too strong for us and can see us getting turned over 3-0 , I know prediction is negative but our defending has not been great of late and our forwards cant hit the target !

Have you seen their recent results? Apart from beating Worcester city in the cup they have been quite poor

Leonard may seem undroppable but why on earth would you drop him?

He's been one of our standout players this season for me and was excellent on Tuesday night.

As for Saturday, it's an interesting one. My spy in the camp says they're obsessed with passing without getting anywhere, lack any kind of tempo going forward and can't score goals. Sound familiar?

Whoever scores first takes the spoils for me.

Big club, doesn't mean they're a great team.

I was chatting to a Sheffield United fan the other day and he says the mood around the place at the moment is pretty glum. I said how much I was looking forward to the trip and he said "Yeah, that's the bloody problem. Everyone is bang up for a visit to Bramall Lane and we're not able to get up for it in the same way".

While Sheffield Utd deserve to be favourites, odds-on looks a bit skinny to me.

Leonard may seem undroppable but why on earth would you drop him?

He's been one of our standout players this season for me and was excellent on Tuesday night.

As for Saturday, it's an interesting one. My spy in the camp says they're obsessed with passing without getting anywhere, lack any kind of tempo going forward and can't score goals. Sound familiar?

Whoever scores first takes the spoils for me.

I didn't necessarily mean now but Leonard has had poor spells and remained in the side. Players have been dropped for a lot less.

Wow, can't believe people think we are gonna get pumped. Hope the team don't fold like some of the fans on here at the size of the club. They are not that good.

I can see Bolger coming in for Tommo along side Barrett .And maybe Timlin in for J P .But I cant see us winning this .If we scrape a draw I wouldn't be to unhappy .

Love how some people are writing us off already just because they are a bigger club! They can't be much bigger than Portsmouth & we don't seem to struggle too badly against them! Likewise Millwall!

Come on people! More positivity please! :smile:

Back