• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sheffield Wednesday - The Shrimper Truth - Pride, passion and cruelty.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
If anyone ever doubted SUFC belong in this League they were not at horrible
Hillsboro where the pride and passion of the support at the away end was matched on the pitch by a dogged and determined SUFC overcoming disaster
to dominate another nasty set of Championship no-ones.

Despite gifting the opppoisition two goals, and having to improvise repairs to the injury shattered defence at half time, the Shrimpers tore into the opposition and beat them with the quality of their free flowing passing game. Gower added a bit of creativity to the centre of midfield and it seemed only a matter of time before it all turned round. Freddy sorted it out with a cool finish to level it and it seemed likely that the red shirted Blues would snatch it.

I suppose when it comes to assigning refs mid-table against bottom of the Championship means you are going to get a useless no-mark and the man
couldn't tell right from wrong. So there it goes. A late penalty and nothing left to show for it - except in a way everything.

Walking away form the place you knew that really it was our afternoon - that we won the game on every level that matters. Maybe the small team with a stadium of 11,500 and a transfer budget stretched to 200k and players who have worn the shirt in three divisions didn't get the points but there again they had they had all of the pride and the passion, everything that really counts. Football is cruel but there are somethings you cannot put a price on.

Sounthend unitil I die - COME ON THE BLUES.

Contrary to what I said last week, I've had various PMs saying I should continue to post a link to the blog, so sorry to all those who find this annoying - here goes - my thoughts on the game at the longpier

Back