• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Lets get as many as we can going to Chesterfield Saturday its not that much of a trek the drum will be there and we will be singing our hearts out lets see if we can make this 4 wins in 4 so if your thinking about it either get on the TZ coach

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?24-TravelZone-Away-Travel

or get on the trust coach

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?9-The-Shrimpers-Trust

Both provide quality services

Failing that drive up or train it I am sure there are people willing to offer others lifts for petrol money etc...

COME ON SOUTHEND!

Maybe the start of a travellers club. Those with cars who want to go, can fill the car with people who want to go who don't drive, all paying a share of the fuel costs. If there was an independent thread, where all travelling drivers could offer a seat in their car and where all non drivers could request a seat, may be useful. Just an idea! And I recognise it is not without its pitfalls but surely it can be something to try..

Ps... True blue, good post, we need to support our club as much as possible home and away!

I'll be there. Driving up on my own unfortunately because I'm staying overnight with a friend in Birmingham on way home but that means I'll have 3 spare seats to bring home the 3 points on Sunday)

Maybe the start of a travellers club. Those with cars who want to go, can fill the car with people who want to go who don't drive, all paying a share of the fuel costs. If there was an independent thread, where all travelling drivers could offer a seat in their car and where all non drivers could request a seat, may be useful. Just an idea! And I recognise it is not without its pitfalls but surely it can be something to try..

Ps... True blue, good post, we need to support our club as much as possible home and away!

Blooming brilliant idea

This could actually work, cracking idea I think

Id be happy to fill my spare seats with blues fans, great idea

Blooming brilliant idea

This could actually work, cracking idea I think

Thanks for your comments of support for the idea. :smile:

Its would need a little organising, and will be dependant on the reliability of people, and obviously open and honest-ness about the cost of fuel. People could quote on the tread that they are a "Driver looking for 2 travellers to oxford on Sat 5th October. and say, petrol cost £7.50 Per person. willing to pick up from (name location's)"

Or alternatively; "Non driver looking to travel to Torquay on the 14th Dec, willing to pay £15 to cover fuel Costs, Ideal Pick up would be Rayleigh Weir."

Drivers or Passengers can then PM each other in response to the message and arrange. Once all arraignments have been agreed, both parties post another message to say, Car now full, thanks. Or Travel now sorted!

I think it would work.

In no way is this intended to replace or distract from the existing great services offered by TZ or the Trust, but it is an alternative way for people who want to travel, who might not be able to get a seat on a coach or not like to use trains etc. If it works and is successful it will make away travel even more accessible to supporters. Which can only be a good thing for our Team.

Any one else have any feedback on the idea. Positive or Negative? (as long as it is constructive and offers reasons behind the negativity)

Lets get as many as we can going to Chesterfield Saturday its not that much of a trek the drum will be there and we will be singing our hearts out lets see if we can make this 4 wins in 4 so if your thinking about it either get on the TZ coach

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?24-TravelZone-Away-Travel

or get on the trust coach

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?9-The-Shrimpers-Trust

Both provide quality services

Failing that drive up or train it I am sure there are people willing to offer others lifts for petrol money etc...

COME ON SOUTHEND!

I will now attend this match but only because the drum is going...........no other reason!

There used to be an away travel forum for discussion of all sorts of travel to away matches. DoDTS used to run it and he posted about best value train fares, set up surveys asking people how they got to various matches and there was also the opportunity for people to discuss car-sharing just as you are suggesting here. It does seem now to have become a forum exclusive to Travelzone, but I think you have a good idea here, and that forum would appear to be the ideal place to put it.

I travelled by train last year and can confirm that the new football ground is within walking distance ....... just don't expect it to be sign posted. To my knowledge only new "chain style" pubs close to the ground and so worth staying closer to the station for a proper beer before (and/or after) the game.

There used to be an away travel forum for discussion of all sorts of travel to away matches. DoDTS used to run it and he posted about best value train fares, set up surveys asking people how they got to various matches and there was also the opportunity for people to discuss car-sharing just as you are suggesting here. It does seem now to have become a forum exclusive to Travelzone, but I think you have a good idea here, and that forum would appear to be the ideal place to put it.

Yes I did didn't I, Sz went off line for a while and when it came back this didn't get going again. I think at the time there wasn't a lot of interest in train travel, but perhaps now there is. I can soon restart it, I'll check it out with Wino.

DoDtS

Good idea to encourage more fans to away games.I know it can take a lot of effort and money but seeing Southend win away,specially when its a far away game is a real buzz and makes the day well worthwhile.

To put a damper on things, care has to taken with car sharing as your insurance could be invalidated if you are using the car for hire. Hire cars need licensing too I think. So be careful in what you advertise when offering car sharing.
I will be there of course as it is a relatively short trip of 85 miles from North Wales. The trip of 160 miles to Hartlepool was good too and another 3 points will be brilliant. :smile:

Wino has pointed out to me that there is already a forum for all other away travel (apart from Coach). It is a sub-section of TZ Forum the link is:

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?53-All-Other-Away-Travel

Following up on ideas by SS3, Southamptonshrimper etc I have posted up two threads one for Chesterfield by train and one for lifts to Chesterfield. Hope they are of some use.

If your interested please look at this forum on a regular basis, I will in the coming days post up train details for future away games much earlier to get the best deals. please feel free to add to or start your own threads on this forum.

DoDtS

Wino has pointed out to me that there is already a forum for all other away travel (apart from Coach). It is a sub-section of the Blue Voice

Yes, I discovered that after my earlier post. But that seems to be a very odd place for it, the Blue Voice forum is for discussion about songs, getting in the North Bank or anything else to do with the group and supporting the team. It does not really have anything to do with away travel. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Surely a much more logical place would be for it to sit as a sub-forum in the TravelZone Away Travel forum? You've then got TravelZone Away Travel with "All Other Away Travel" within it, then it's easier for people to look at all their options in one place for err..., travelling to away matches.

Mods...??

Yes, I discovered that after my earlier post. But that seems to be a very odd place for it, the Blue Voice forum is for discussion about songs, getting in the North Bank or anything else to do with the group and supporting the team. It does not really have anything to do with away travel. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Surely a much more logical place would be for it to sit as a sub-forum in the TravelZone Away Travel forum? You've then got TravelZone Away Travel with "All Other Away Travel" within it, then it's easier for people to look at all their options in one place for err..., travelling to away matches.

Mods...??

Done Ian :)

Back