• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shirt sponsorship next season - PG Site Services again

Yer Blues

Not Always Sarcastic ⭐
Trust notes last from the 27th April meeting:

1683809070805.png

Joy of joys.

I won't be buying anything else with their name on.

Also means we are in for another year of questionable social media output (and ignored requests for clarity)

Last edited:
Its very interesting looking back at some of the notes from previous years. It goes back to 2002. Interesting as the problems haven't changed much over the years -

Stadium planning updates progressing but not actually progressing
Finances being a bit shi*
Club shop being a bit shi*
Roots Hall being a bit shi*
Roots Hall facilities being a bit shi*

View attachment 26285

Joy of joys.

Also means we are in for another year of questionable social media output (and ignored requests for clarity)
Well Dave Goodger need to tell his media teams to keep away from the Phone 📱/Laptop 💻 while on the lash 🍺

View attachment 26285

Joy of joys.

e954f537-ad4c-4f41-b8d4-7a91de7fb411-jpeg.25988

Their tweet from less than 2 weeks earlier lasted well then.

I think we should ignore any tweets from PG if they are posted after the opening of a Weatherspoons, even more so when its getting close to last orders.

View attachment 26285

Joy of joys.

Oh **** no. Why are the back? Whoever runs there socials needs to be sent straight to an AA meeting.. will probably buy the new shirt( if we have a club) but will remove there logo

Oh **** no. Why are the back? Whoever runs there socials needs to be sent straight to an AA meeting.. will probably buy the new shirt( if we have a club) but will remove there logo

Probably because they are contractually obliged for 5 years, well 4 now.

I’ve said numerous times, whilst their “antics” on social media hasn’t been helpful, and been darn right spoilt child like at times, the financial contributions have been invaluable, and not just the ones that have been published.

Don’t forget, they put money behind the bar at the Blue Boar I think it was, ahead of what was potentially going to be our last ever game at Roots Hall, so they’ve helped supporters out as well as the Club, it’s staff and everyone connected.

Perhaps we should cut them a bit of slack?

Probably because they are contractually obliged for 5 years, well 4 now.

I’ve said numerous times, whilst their “antics” on social media hasn’t been helpful, and been darn right spoilt child like at times, the financial contributions have been invaluable, and not just the ones that have been published.

Don’t forget, they put money behind the bar at the Blue Boar I think it was, ahead of what was potentially going to be our last ever game at Roots Hall, so they’ve helped supporters out as well as the Club, it’s staff and everyone connected.

Perhaps we should cut them a bit of slack?
Thought they only signed a three year deal?

Oh no, somebody wants to give the club money - disaster!

To each their own mate.

Course we need the cash, but I don't for one second think we couldn't get a suitable replacement.

Me, not a fan. Their social media output regarding our club isn't funny to me. It's poor and embarrassing.

When we are on a better footing, with new owners, the club will be well within their rights to review the sponsorship deals in place and rather than us dropping a bollock PR wise, we'll be able to call out others who don't communicate appropriately about the club.

Just because they have given us money through sponsorship ( and loans and goodness knows what else) doesn't mean they can say what they like about the club.

As I've said before, greatful for their help. But they are a sponsor, nothing more.

They dont have a devine right to info ( ron didnt tell us he was selling / we wasn't invited to the players sponsorship evening etc)

Cry me a river. Yes they have been good to us. But at what point do we say yes thank you for loaning us money, but you can't act like work experience kids running a twitter account talking **** about us?

I reckon there are lessons to be learnt on both sides. Keeping sponsors onside and sweet should be normal practice. That doesn't mean blowing smoke up their arses, but it doesn't cost much to communicate stuff off the record. And from the other side, I would hope that someone within the company has learnt how not to release company updates about the club without looking dickheads. We can but hope, and it does mean dosh still coming into the club. As others have said, if we are sold then the new owners may have other ideas, but that is for another day.

To each their own mate.

Course we need the cash, but I don't for one second think we couldn't get a suitable replacement.

Me, not a fan. Their social media output regarding our club isn't funny to me. It's poor and embarrassing.

When we are on a better footing, with new owners, the club will be well within their rights to review the sponsorship deals in place and rather than us dropping a bollock PR wise, we'll be able to call out others who don't communicate appropriately about the club.

Just because they have given us money through sponsorship ( and loans and goodness knows what else) doesn't mean they can say what they like about the club.

As I've said before, greatful for their help. But they are a sponsor, nothing more.

They dont have a devine right to info ( ron didnt tell us he was selling / we wasn't invited to the players sponsorship evening etc)

Cry me a river. Yes they have been good to us. But at what point do we say yes thank you for loaning us money, but you can't act like work experience kids running a twitter account talking **** about us?
I agree to an extent mate, and if we weren't in such dire financial peril, I would totally agree. As always, I appreciate your reasoned and thoughtful response.

I reckon there are lessons to be learnt on both sides. Keeping sponsors onside and sweet should be normal practice. That doesn't mean blowing smoke up their arses, but it doesn't cost much to communicate stuff off the record. And from the other side, I would hope that someone within the company has learnt how not to release company updates about the club without looking dickheads. We can but hope, and it does mean dosh still coming into the club. As others have said, if we are sold then the new owners may have other ideas, but that is for another day.
One might have reasonably expected Tom to assist them with that buts is somewhat worrying that he’s been muted from saying anything in his role at SUFC and not particularly effective with helping the sponsor on PR in his role with them

Back