• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shirt sponsorship next season - PG Site Services again

When PG made the initial loan at the same time as the Trust, I think it was stated that it was on the same terms. I think the trust has a personal guarantee from Ron on their loan - so presumably so does PG. So why don't PG pursue Ron rather than the club?

When PG made the initial loan at the same time as the Trust, I think it was stated that it was on the same terms. I think the trust has a personal guarantee from Ron on their loan - so presumably so does PG. So why don't PG pursue Ron rather than the club?
I don't think Ron has signed the Trust personal guarantee? Or hadn't as of the last liaison meeting? Who knows with PG..

I don't think Ron has signed the Trust personal guarantee? Or hadn't as of the last liaison meeting? Who knows with PG..
I'd have to reread the minutes, but I think they already have a personal guarantee but the trust was getting a new document and queried where the personal guarantee had gone

Your buying a club and speak with the agent as to how much its on the market for. They tell you a price and at that point you walk away.

You don't come back to the agent to provide proof that you have the cash and then flounce off into the sunset because you didn't agree with the price in the beginning.

Providing proof that you have the funds allows you into the next stage to complete your own due diligence. Its at that stage that interested parties may say, "nope not for me thanks"

I really do think that our debts to HMRC are all old historic ones (and probably the value being added to the debt is drastically reduced from what it would have been in league 1 and league 2 days when we picked up players on the way down the leagues but still after a decent pay day.

Given the season tickets and gate sales / sponsorship and advertising that the commercial team manage to pull into the club i would say possibly that we would be in a break even position on the footballing side possibly with our current squad. Add in a better stadium that can generate revenue on non-match days better than Roots Hall can and the club starts to become more attractive.

What is on sale is 70% of the shareholding. Of course who ever buys that number of shares would be the majority owner but they wouldn’t have total ownership.

As for debt before you blink there is £14+ million of debts to linked RMs companies . Would any majority owner want to either agree to take on, settle or service that level of debt.?

Add to all this there is a vacuum when it comes accurate ( in terms of up to date ) audited accounts .

Part of the problem going forward is that most of the match day revenue has been spent ( ST money ) just getting through the close season and whilst many berate the money given by the PL clubs to the EFL clubs it amounts to thousands of pounds a week. So yes wages probably are less that when in EFL 2 the other costs haven’t reduced indeed costs such as travel, insurance heating and lighting will have jumped massively

No it hadn’t been signed there was a debate around when it had to be repaid trust thought July TL said August . It was agreed once that a deed of variation was agreed TL would produce a guarantee in “ short order”

What is on sale is 70% of the shareholding. Of course who ever buys that number of shares would be the majority owner but they wouldn’t have total ownership.

As for debt before you blink there is £14+ million of debts to linked RMs companies . Would any majority owner want to either agree to take on, settle or service that level of debt.?

Add to all this there is a vacuum when it comes accurate ( in terms of up to date ) audited accounts .

Part of the problem going forward is that most of the match day revenue has been spent ( ST money ) just getting through the close season and whilst many berate the money given by the PL clubs to the EFL clubs it amounts to thousands of pounds a week. So yes wages probably are less that when in EFL 2 the other costs haven’t reduced indeed costs such as travel, insurance heating and lighting will have jumped massively
The “solidarity “ payments didn’t come for free.
EFL clubs had to agree to the fee structure for young players and the rules that allow a PL scout to simply turn up and watch an academy player and then go and talk to them and sign them.

Ron was one of the very few EFL chairman not to agree to this and to tell other chairman that they should all tell the PL to go fourth and multiply.

With PG and two other companies adding to the WUP does their debt get added to the Revenue one? Just wondering if as rumoured they are owed more than the Revenue figure then RM need's to find double the money.
Does anyone know who the fourth company was to join the WUP - just wondering what sort of amount they might be owed ?

I'd have to reread the minutes, but I think they already have a personal guarantee but the trust was getting a new document and queried where the personal guarantee had gone
Reread the minutes - it's not clear if the existing/old document had a personnel guarantee - the minutes state...

"PF also asked why the document didn’t include a Personal Guarantee from the Chairman. TL explained that the Personal Guarantee would be a separate document. Once the variation Deed had been agreed, TL can produce a Personal Guarantee in short order. "

@Shrimperstrust - can you clarify did the original loan to the club include a personal guarantee from Ron - or is this an addition due to the variation in terms?

The “solidarity “ payments didn’t come for free.
EFL clubs had to agree to the fee structure for young players and the rules that allow a PL scout to simply turn up and watch an academy player and then go and talk to them and sign them.

Ron was one of the very few EFL chairman not to agree to this and to tell other chairman that they should all tell the PL to go fourth and multiply.
Maybe not but for free but the money was still paid and it wont be going forward whilst in the NL

Back