• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shooting Stars axed

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
So Shooting Stars has been cut by the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15752947

As a big fan of the show I'm quite upset by this. One of the best and most consistently funny shows on the BBC in recent times. Some say it's had its time but I thought the last series was great and I think Angelos is brilliant.

""In future there will be less space on BBC Two for comedy/entertainment panel shows so sadly Shooting Stars won't be returning." But still plenty of space for endless cookery and property programmes and repeats of 'My Family' and tosh like 'Strictly Take II' and Lee Nelson. Couldn't they just move it to BBC 3 or 4?

It had some very funny monents for me,like the time we as a family watched it round the in-laws and my pop-in-law looked like he just watched his wife being raped,he was in shock.
Like it wont miss it.

The last two series have been good, but I doubt it's a particularly popular show any more.

Buzzcocks should be axed first though, unless they get Adam Buxton as the permanent presenter.

They should buy Workaholics from Comedy Central in the US, which is easily the funniest show I've watched this year.

I guess telly is made for 16-30yr olds, not 40yr olds reminiscing about the past. Ah well, all things must end.

I'll always have very fond memories of the mid 90's: Father Ted, The Fast Show and Shooting Stars. May they all RIP and **** on the grave of Lee Nelson, Him & Her and the other myriad of BBC3 toss.

Angelos is different class compared to George Doors. One of the reasons that I thought the last series was the best ever. One of the only shows that make you laugh out loud. Probably should have given it a better slot on BBC1, after Nine of course.

I guess that is TV all over. We wyere having a convo at work about kids TV when i was younger. Turtles, thundercats, transformers, etc. But I guess in 20 years time people were saying TV wasn't as good as it was in the 2010's.

Back