• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Mohsni be given another chance once he's served his ban?

• Yes

Votes: 159 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 25.0%

• Total voters

amsemp

Director⭐
I don't want to debate the sending off as this has already been done to death. Question is, after Mohsni has served his ban, should he be given another chance?

Think Bilel will tuck into a huge slice of humble pie and realise that he, with the help of a greedy agent, thought he was good enough for the Premiership and Championship and has slowly come to discover that no one wants him with his track record of discipline.

Really difficult one, although personally I wouldn't mind seeing him play again for us. In all the years I've supported Southend, Eastwood (in his prime) and Mohsni are two of only a few players I've had that excited, 'we've got something special here' feeling about.

Last edited:
He says on Facebook that he's staying till the end of the season so I assume he's already been given another chance

He says on Facebook that he's staying till the end of the season so I assume he's already been given another chance

For 27 mins yesterday he was quality cut above. I am sure come Monday he will be on the wrong end of Mr. Sturrocks wrath but will sat to the end of the season. I believe both parties have committed to that. And both parties having agreed to wipe the slate clean it would be absurd now to change again because one sending off..

More than that he is back and we are now paying him so we will use him.

More than that he is back and we are now paying him so we will use him.

If he was not reporting for training, he was in breach of contract and therefore my guess is we were fining him 2 weeks wages every 2 weeks he was in France instead of here. Maybe that's what contributed to his decision to come back? A pay cheque?

Heard that he was trying his luck again at Blackpool before being called back to play - the whole situation is a pantomime and
has been handled badly by all sides involved.

I voted NO as I am sick and tired of this attention seeker.

Yesterday I would have said no, however having slept on it he probably hadn't been training with the team and so would have been playing more on his own instinct rather that what Sturrock wanted, having been out of football for so long he would have been overexcited about playing again and without having trained was always going to do rash things that a defender who had trained with the team would not have done, if he trains well with the team and Sturrock thinks he can be trusted then I don't see why he shouldn't be given a last chance. However if he comes out next match and starts signing autographs again I'll change my mind, he needs to get his mind focused on the football rather than being a minor celebrity if he really wants to prove his worth.

Yes, but from the bench.

Sturrock went out on a limb to get him back and I suspect it will take a very desperate situation before starts again. Especially once Creswell and/or Phillips are back.

However he is a talented player and an ideal sub if we are chasing the game with 30 minutes to go.

Yes.
What has yesterdays sending off to do with all that's gone on previously ?
If Sturrock wants him back that's fine.
I'm sure getting sent off yesterday was the last thing he wanted - oh sorry , I forgot there were some who said he would deliberately sabotage our games if allowed back , so guess that's what he did..........................:sad:

Yes, but from the bench.

Sturrock went out on a limb to get him back and I suspect it will take a very desperate situation before starts again. Especially once Creswell and/or Phillips are back.

However he is a talented player and an ideal sub if we are chasing the game with 30 minutes to go.

Never really liked him in defense anyway though! He's a poor mans Fellaini. Attacking midfield free role is where he is best. The best I saw him play last season was from the left or right wing where he drifted all over the place and caused oppositions real headaches by being impossible to mark!

He's back. The 'burn him' messages didn't influence Sturrock, the various 'I have inside information and he's not coming back' messages were wrong, and he managed (apparently, I wasn't there) to show his worth in his 27 minutes. Our opinions are irrelevant to what the manager does, which is great, as he knows more than us. My current opinion is 'definitely', and I look forward to seeing him play again.

Keep him until the end of the season and if we ever become desperate, then might as well use him. We showed how desperate we were by getting him back, no point shooting ourselves in the foot just yet.

Yes and make him captain.

Technique used when I was in the army, give the trouble maker a position of authority and responsibility and they have a vested interest in behaving and thinking of the consequences of their actions - and it is interesting how often it worked. The down side is that ir really ****ed off the hard working squaddie who had kept his nose clean and got no reward for it.

It's not my decision, nor is it anyone's on here. I'll leave it in the capable hands of Mr Sturrock. As I've said on another thread, if the interview with BBBC sums up the attitude of the players, then that is one battle that Mohsni has won. Now he is back I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him featuring again. As that comes from someone who claimed emphatically that he would never play for us again, you can make of that what you will. As far as I can see the whole situation with Bilel is and will remain completely volatile, I suppose you could say, that's the fun and excitement of it.
It is interesting to note that opinion on here seems far more divided than at Roots Hall yesterday where, according to the commentators 98% (exageration?) were fawning over over him...........perhaps that percentage dropped a little after the 27th minute?

It's not my decision, nor is it anyone's on here. I'll leave it in the capable hands of Mr Sturrock. As I've said on another thread, if the interview with BBBC sums up the attitude of the players, then that is one battle that Mohsni has won. Now he is back I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him featuring again. As that comes from someone who claimed emphatically that he would never play for us again, you can make of that what you will. As far as I can see the whole situation with Bilel is and will remain completely volatile, I suppose you could say, that's the fun and excitement of it.
It is interesting to note that opinion on here seems far more divided than at Roots Hall yesterday where, according to the commentators 98% (exageration?) were fawning over over him...........perhaps that percentage dropped a little after the 27th minute?

I think that was the problem, a lot of the people who took to their keyboards to request he is fed to the sharks yesterday weren't actually at the game. He was outstanding for the 27 minutes he was on the field, some really great passing, made a nuisance of himself from set plays and I don't think I saw him not win a header. Too many people just saw that he had been sent off in his first game and launched an attack on him as if he'd given the ref a right hook and been dismissed.

Would still want him to play for us without a doubt - not as a defender though but midfielder or emergency striker. It wasnt a red mist moment yesterday so just one of those things

Back