• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Bond be given the job next season?

Should SUFC give Bond the manager’s job?

• Yes

Votes: 253 70.9%
  • No

Votes: 104 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMO.. I doubt it, to be fair to RM, if anything i know about him during his reign, he is quite loyal and has given managers plenty of chances over time.

I saw in the Echo, talks have started between them,
I would be surprised if he didn't extend the contract for just another 5 months on a rolling contract before offering a serious longer term deal (and if it did'nt work after 12 games...he will be gone).

This is two seasons in a row now, that we had to pay X amount of money to replace a manager in order to survive in League One.

Would anyone be happy with such a short contract ?

Can work two ways, if he fails to delivery he can go, however if successful he will poached by bigger club and then fans will say how ungrateful he is when we offered him the role and RM PR machine will be in full swing

Also would you sign for a club, knowing the manager maybe gone within 12 weeks, we are looking at stability for both manager and players

Any manager needs security so "No" to short term contract, Bond has had the short term contract which was to secure Div One, he did that so deserves a longer contract imho

I do find it quite amusing how many experts seem "unsure" about Bond. It's not like the guy has worked as a top level coach & done most of the heavy lifting for Harry for several years is it. :Madhouse:

Personally I think and really hope we will see Bond with (Redknapp in the background) bringing us success, there's no doubt he will make a difference on the training ground and with Harry's guidance on match days we should have a very realistic chance of seeing a major improvement over the dross we witnessed last season.

Would anyone be happy with such a short contract ?

Can work two ways, if he fails to delivery he can go, however if successful he will poached by bigger club and then fans will say how ungrateful he is when we offered him the role and RM PR machine will be in full swing

Also would you sign for a club, knowing the manager maybe gone within 12 weeks, we are looking at stability for both manager and players

Any manager needs security so "No" to short term contract, Bond has had the short term contract which was to secure Div One, he did that so deserves a longer contract imho

Would send out the total wrong message to the players. 'If this guy upsets you You can get him sacked in a few weeks'

Seeing as so many of them were comfortable with their embarrassing and unprofessional performances after the rally cal by Ron. That's not an option we should allow them to have

I don't like the idea of Redknapp 'in the background'. Either he has a role or he doesn't. We are a professional football club, not some tin pot outfit* where the manager brings his mate along every time his mate doesn't fancy going shopping with the missus.

*Okay, we are a tin pot outfit, but you get the point.

I think that it's his job to turn down....won't matter what we want...he has a big tick in his cv now for saving us from relegation

I guess Ron is also aware of that. So may well be 'protecting' himself by keeping options open before entering into the real negotiations.

I wouldn't be surprised if the delay is purely down to money. Bond was probably very well paid as number two to Harry at Tottenham, QPR and Birmingham. An assistant at those places may well have been paid three times what a Division One manager earns.

Back