• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Bond be given the job next season?

Should SUFC give Bond the manager’s job?

• Yes

Votes: 253 70.9%
  • No

Votes: 104 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A good interview I thought. It’s not easy keeping a club like Southend competitive and moving forward. If the new stadium were ever to be approved, and clearly that’s a big if, then Ron’s vision of being established in the Championship on a sound financial footing is really achievable. And as he says, if you can do that then who knows where it could lead?

I would rather have had Clarke, who seems the sort of long-term thinking manager we need, but at present I can't see anyone better we could attract than KB, who TBF put a bit of a rocket up the team last few games.

If I am honest I would have stuck with PB, who to all accounts gave us a fit team and modernised a lot of the thinking at the club. I guess the Ranger saga is really what did for him.

I think it is a fairly safe assumption that Bond will be named. If the released list is being announced on the same day, it could only really be someone on the inside. Which leaves only Bond, Redknapp or Ron himself.

I think it is a fairly safe assumption that Bond will be named. If the released list is being announced on the same day, it could only really be someone on the inside. Which leaves only Bond, Redknapp or Ron himself.

Or Maher....or Duncan.....Not that I think it won't be Bond, mind.

I guess he real debate then that I have seen little of and could be important is who will be his number 2?

Tim Sherwood..?

Or Maher....or Duncan.....Not that I think it won't be Bond, mind.

Would love to see King Kev in charge one day, might make up for no testimonial to one of the clubs greatest, many of today's generation would not know how great he was on the pitch when the time comes to give him a true send off

However we have lost the halo from one former player, hate to see The King go the same way

I also don't think we'll see Moore next season but I do honestly believe we've got a decent chance of getting Hart. The only reason Blackburn triggered the extension in his deal was to try and recoup a bit of money from his sale. He really grew as a player in his short time with us as well
Well, that would rule us out then.

Jeez no ,I would rather have Steve Evans !!!

You should be safe- dont think Steve Evans would come as a number 2 - but will be interesting to see if he does bring in and could be a very important choice- hence surprised so little speculation who it might be.

Joe Jordan is late 60s now so unlikely, other than Sherwood who else has he worked with? Or will Keen be number 2?

You should be safe- dont think Steve Evans would come as a number 2 - but will be interesting to see if he does bring in and could be a very important choice- hence surprised so little speculation who it might be.

Joe Jordan is late 60s now so unlikely, other than Sherwood who else has he worked with? Or will Keen be number 2?

When he was manager at Bournemouth, he had two others in his management team - one of them might have bigger things on his mind now (Eddie Howe) but the other one may be interested...

Screenshot 2019-05-16 at 15.13.16.png

Think Keen will play some part in the set up, otherwise would have gone with CP and his team

But then this is Southend
I wouldn't be surprised if Keen is still employed solely for advising Bond or whoever on who should be retained/released. Then he'll be ditched. Maybe.

Didn't Bond work with Rob Newman at Bournemouth?

Didn't Bond work with Rob Newman at Bournemouth?

Newman is currently international scouting and recruitment manager for premier league champions Man City. As such, I can't see any reason why he would turn down the opportunity to come back to Roots Hall for the assistant manager post.

Back