• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Bond be given the job next season?

Should SUFC give Bond the manager’s job?

• Yes

Votes: 253 70.9%
  • No

Votes: 104 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope he's offered the position. He delivered on what was asked - and yes, got it wrong once or twice but the time constraint he was under he appeared to rectify so hopefully with time to get to know the players (and staff overall) in the close season there's potential for something positive happening come August. Good luck to him - deserves a shot.

For me he is a calculated risk, Ron has had a snapshot of his managerial style the players have had a taste and would appear to have worked well under his direction.
We will have fit players at the start of the season and we have an owner that isn’t afraid to pull the exit trigger if things aren’t going well.
For me it’s yes to 007 and Harry Blowfelt let’s see what they can do.

I’m not sure. He did the job that was asked of him for the 6 games and I’ll be forever thankful for that. He’s someone else that should never have to buy a beer in the town again. No one else would have touched it with 6 games left and the horrific run we were on, should he be rewarded for that and given some funds to improve the squad?

My only concern is Ron Martin’s long term goal. Which is quite obviously his stadium development and Championship football. I’m not saying ‘no’ on Bond but there’s a big decision to be made of Ron thinking Bond can deliver on his dream.

If this does prove to be the end of the line then thank you Kevin Bond!

Step forward Harry rednapp there must be a reason he has attended home and away....... watch this space
Personally, I sincerely hope not.
Stick to the celebrity circuit please. Last thing we need is a big timer who has made a career out of spending other people's money and a person of interest to HMRC.

For me, no. He’s got us over the line by the skin of our teeth, but I think we need someone else long term.

Paul Hurst is very much the obvious choice and I assume he’d be at least vaguely interested?

I'm okay with Bond, just don't want Redknapp involved. We need someone who can stabilise/ take the club forward on a small budget.

I'm okay with Bond, just don't want Redknapp involved. We need someone who can stabilise/ take the club forward on a small budget.
On a small budget? According to Ron we are 5th highest wage bill in the league:ROFL::Hilarious:still don’t believe it.

One of my doubts about Bond is if he knows the lower leagues and higher leagues cast off youngsters to be able to recruit promising young players who will improve the side. We don't have a cheque book for recruiting players.

Whereas Paul Hurst certainly does. His mistake at Ipswich was believing that decent League 1 players can actually hack it in the Championship - which of course year on year becomes even more difficult for them.

I said top 10 DIDNT I

You did, yes. Someone else said top 5. My point is that the evidence suggests we can't afford to run a wage bill as high as we are currently are. Therefore, we might be looking to cut rather than increase spending on wages. It's important we get the right management team and adopt a suitable method of player recruitment for this scenario, if indeed that is the case.

You did, yes. Someone else said top 5. My point is that the evidence suggests we can't afford to run a wage bill as high as we are currently are. Therefore, we might be looking to cut rather than increase spending on wages. It's important we get the right management team and adopt a suitable method of player recruitment for this scenario, if indeed that is the case.
I make you right but our high earners stil have contracts there lies the problem

Bond did not achieve a spectacular turnaround but he seems to have generally given the team more of an identity, organisation and the ability to stick to a pattern of play over 90 minutes, all of which were sadly lacking most of this season. Can't see him providing much in the way of entertaining football but with the resources at his disposal he has done what was required and should get the job. However, we have to be realistic and recognise that securing our league one status is always going to be the main focus, so no fanciful talk of promotion or even playoff places please unless there is a significant turnover of personnel.

I might be in the miniority but I wouldn’t automatically give it to him. Love him for keeping us up, but I have question marks over how good he would be longer term. He’s done a fairly good job since he came in, but made some big mistakes along the way. We’d be mad not to at least have a look and see what other, potentially better, managers are available.

Having said that, I think Ron will give it to him.

Totally agree.

There will be many a manager, working or looking for a new job, that will look at SUFC as a good job to get.
We have a nucleus of a good squad.
We have a stable Chairman who DOES back his manager.
We have a future new stadium plan 90% in place.
Ron has a huge decision to make.

I think I will reserve judgement for the moment. We have escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth so that is a plus in his favour, but we also had some appalling displays with him at the tiller. I'm not convinced I want Harry R near the club but I could be persuaded on him. I just remember that we welcomed CP with open arms and he took us on a run towards the end of the previous season. We all know what happened this time round which is why I'm not sure. After all, this poll wont go away will it?
I think you may find Harry R playing a much bigger role at the club

Wh
Bond did not achieve a spectacular turnaround but he seems to have generally given the team more of an identity, organisation and the ability to stick to a pattern of play over 90 minutes, all of which were sadly lacking most of this season. Can't see him providing much in the way of entertaining football but with the resources at his disposal he has done what was required and should get the job. However, we have to be realistic and recognise that securing our league one status is always going to be the main focus, so no fanciful talk of promotion or even playoff places please unless there is a significant turnover of personnel.

Why would not entertaining football? He was HR no2 for many yrs? You did notice HR teams were just a little bit arrack minded?

On
There will be many a manager, working or looking for a new job, that will look at SUFC as a good job to get.
We have a nucleus of a good squad.
We have a stable Chairman who DOES back his manager.
We have a future new stadium plan 90% in place.
Ron has a huge decision to make.

Only 1 took the job took the job relegation or not- sorry too late KB deserves at least the opportunity- and PH is not so great he gets to walk in even if interested- good at Shrewsbury disaster at Ipswich

Back