• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm clearly not saying 100% of the time. Either way I'm hoping we both agree the US gun laws and policing are not a model the rest of the developed world would advocate. Btw I fear for the Olympics. In Brazil it is shoot first and don't ask questions later.

They are allowed by Brazilian law to shoot at anyone who runs away from them, even if the person running has committed no crime. Why would you run if you were innocent?

In reality they only become trigger happy in the favelas, with good reason. I don't remember any reports of innocents shot during the world cup. I know people who went on a 2month trip all over Brazil during the WC and like me they found parts of Brazil that are safer than Southend.

Having said that, the first time I was in Rio I was robbed at gun point by the police. They used a scam where a local drug dealer tries to sell to you in a bar (no I didn't) and when I left they pulled me over and then drove somewhere quiet and robbed me. Although I had no intention of arguing they kept ramming a gun in my ribs, just to let me know who was in charge.

We're talking about British police here, we all know that many American police are unnecessarily trigger happy.

Very true about the subject (UK arming) but I have friends in american law enforcement, including the 2 who are FBI, who have never fired a shot in the line of duty.
They are all mature side of 40 so maybe the answer is just to are the adults and grown ups?

Back