• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Ed Miliband stay?

Should Ed Miliband stay on as Labour Leader?

• Hell Yeah ...He's one tuff Mutha

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No...he has to disappear like the Labour vote.

Votes: 14 93.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, sadly an easy target for the Tory redtops.

Don't paint him as some sort of victim.

He was arrogant enough to think an Oxford degree and a fancy internship entitled him to run a country and equipped him with the skills to do so.

He was then ruthless enough to make sure he got the leadership when the time came.

Unfortunately he has been found lacking and is quite rightly out on his arse and thank God Ed Balls has joined him.

Labour need a ruthless purge of the dead wood and to install some fresh thinkers.

His work around the Hillsborough disaster and getting documents released and inquiries, etc, has been excellent.

As Barna says Chuka Umunna or Yvette Cooper now seem to be considered at similar odds to Burnham as well. Interesting that bookies are giving odds of around 20/1 for David Miliband but that must be highly unlikely.
Well done for knowing what you are talking about and sharing it here.

I think that Chukka Umunna would be the perfect replacement. Get him early so the electorate can see what an arrogant, self serving ****** he really is. I've never made a secret of my contempt for Milliband, but at least have the decency to wait for him to announce his resignation before assembling a campaign team.

I think that Chukka Umunna would be the perfect replacement. Get him early so the electorate can see what an arrogant, self serving ****** he really is. I've never made a secret of my contempt for Milliband, but at least have the decency to wait for him to announce his resignation before assembling a campaign team.

I don't always agree with your political analysis, but I think I do on this one. I don't know whether your description of his character is accurate, but those occasions that I have seen him in action makes me think he is not (yet?) the right person to take over the leadership. Very ambitious fella, I think.

Back