• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Should everyone in the Halifax advert be shot?

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
I think so, or failing that have Johnny Vaughan thrown at them from a great height.

Ads these days wind me up so much I normally refuse to buy anything that's advertised in an "oh so clever way" on tv. Just show me the deal and I'll make my mind up.

But yeah, apparently one of the ***** in the Halifax advert played one of Jamie Oliver's "mates" in the Saino's ads a few years back so it should be death by proxy anyway.

Wouldn't work mate. If you shot them all then they would have ads with no people. Viewers might get confused into thinking the branches are self service.

I think they should all be eaten by those ****ing meerkats, which then in turn should be electrocuted slowly. Now that advert I'd pay to watch.

The Halifax adverts are nothing compared to the mind numbing tedium that is every single fecking Meerkat advert. At first, it was a cheap gimmick that became mildly irritating after 4 or 5 watches. 489 versions later, I'd now purposefully pay exorbitant amounts for my car insurance going straight to the provider, rather than using their website to source cheaper deals. I used to like Meerkats, now I'm on a quest to ensure their extinction.

The Halifax adverts are nothing compared to the mind numbing tedium that is every single fecking Meerkat advert. At first, it was a cheap gimmick that became mildly irritating after 4 or 5 watches. 489 versions later, I'd now purposefully pay exorbitant amounts for my car insurance going straight to the provider, rather than using their website to source cheaper deals. I used to like Meerkats, now I'm on a quest to ensure their extinction.

They have rinsed it way beyond the limit now.

They may be shockingly bad adverts, but people are talking about them = fantastic advertising campaign.

I think so, or failing that have the fat bloke from go compare thrown at them from a great height.

Ads these days wind me up so much I normally refuse to buy anything that's advertised in an "oh so clever way" on tv. Just show me the deal and I'll make my mind up.

But yeah, apparently one of the ***** in the Halifax advert played one of Jamie Oliver's "mates" in the Saino's ads a few years back so it should be death by proxy anyway.

Edited for accuracy

They may be shockingly bad adverts, but people are talking about them = fantastic advertising campaign.

I'd purposefully avoid Halifax, Comparethemarket, GoCompare and that WeBuyAnyCar crap purely because of their advertising campaigns. Compare that to the campaigns of Cadburys (big budget, I know, but hugely innovative) or even Drench (The Brains from Thunderbirds advert)...

I'd purposefully avoid Halifax, Comparethemarket, GoCompare and that WeBuyAnyCar crap purely because of their advertising campaigns. Compare that to the campaigns of Cadburys (big budget, I know, but hugely innovative) or even Drench (The Brains from Thunderbirds advert)...

I know what you're saying but I'm sure the bean counters at these various companies would dump these adverts quicksmart if they were detrimental to their business. Someone, somewhere likes them and is influenced by them - they just don't have the nous to post on Shrimperzone!

Do people switch bank accounts? I've been with Lloyds since I was 17.

As had I been until a week or two ago. LloydsTSB's decision to stop paying interest on my current account ****ed me off and then later that same day I saw that Santander were offering £100 to switch, plus 5% interest in the first year.

Adios LloydsTSB, Hola Santander.

As had I been until a week or two ago. LloydsTSB's decision to stop paying interest on my current account ****ed me off and then later that same day I saw that Santander were offering £100 to switch, plus 5% interest in the first year.

That's what I did last year, although I left HSBC because they are ***** switch went through nice and easy no problems.

I like to think I'm a principled man, but I would gladly kill the silly bitch who drops 'ISA ISA Baby' and not lose a minute of sleep. I would feel confident that the Big Man upstairs would give me a pass on this one. I bank with the Halifax and their advertising campaign has me researching other banks with a view to a switch.

I'm liking that and will be following ya once the big day & honeymoon is out of the way.

I'm seriously thinking of doing the same... Barclays have pushed me just about as far as I can go.

Back