• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should football fans be allowed to drink beer in their seats?

Should football fans be allowed to drink alcohol in their seats?

• Yes

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 81.4%

• Total voters
Imagine the stone island brigade being able to get more than their pre match beers and having 3 or 4 more pints during the game. Absolute disaster waiting to happen! Should not be allowed and I don't think it will be. I think it's fine in other sports as they don't have a hooligan culture, unfortunately football does and the popularity of football hooligan films and the hooligan fashion you see at games around the country week in week out tells you that many people still romanticise it.

We should rip out the seats in the North bank up to the Westside corner flag. Proper beer beer tent with good choices behind the North. Your standing ticket should include an extra £20 for 6 beers. 3 before the game, one at half time and 2 after should be the minimum for anyone wanting to be one of the 'pack'

You could still access the beer tent from East or West stand stand but can only take beer into a limited seating area in the North West corner and East Blues.....That would keep everyone happy and dry if you want......But RH would have the best atmosphere and with more Friday night games we would provide enough home wins for a serious promotion challenge next season......We would be the envy of the NL and some of the many local PL fans would be rocking up in big numbers......Which is vital for any future success.

Football, drinking and seats don’t mix. A half lasts longer than a pint or someone’s bladder once they’ve opened the seal. The issue here though is seats rather than drinking though. Re-introduce standing. Not that it has gone away as anyone who travels most weeks in the division can attest.

Also the beer at the football is invariably **** and some sort of watered down Carlsberg/Greene King in plastic cups that isn’t worth drinking.
Or Fosters at Barnet ..... still not got over the bitter memories of Bank Holiday lol

I don’t think drinking in the game would increase the amount people drink. If on a bit of a day out, I’d just neck a few before KO, and neck a couple at half time knowing I gotta wait an hour until me next pint. Better off just letting people drinking what they want, might stop the binge drinking part of football.

If you don’t want a pint lobbed at you when we score, just get Moseley back as manager and sign Goodship. You’d be drier than a nuns… ?

My favourite bit of "hooliganism" at an England game (way back in The Ron Greenwood era) happened outside the ground though it was clearly drink related.I was with my younger brother -not RobNoxious but the other one.We were behind 3 lads in England shirts walking from the tube station along Wembley Way to the ground.The lads all got their tools out and ****ed away their excess pints without breaking stride.The look on my brother's face was a picture.:Smile:

In the good old days before the Premier league I do remember being at Leicester’s old ground with Chelsea where we the away fans were situated behind the goal bizarrely enough above the their home yobbo’s.

Can anyone remember the name of their old firm?

A cold Wednesday night which resembled something like a scene from the dark ages whereby the army below was being pelted and drenched in everything from beer, coffee / tea and Bovril of course in those old days it would have been boiling oil gushing from the open mouths of turret gargoyles.

A sight to be hold, I nearly split my sides laughing so much ????

Very expensive commodity is Bovril ? not to be wasted in a mad moment of euphoria either.
Ha! That reminds me of when I used to have a standing season ticketat Espanyol's old Sarria ground, just below Espanyol's "Ultras,"in the section above.For one particulat match a load of plastic cups rained down on those below,some filled with a liquid that certainly wasn't beer!We hastily changed our standing spot for the next game and never went back to the old one for some reason. :Smile:

I think it should, I was working away in Germany on Monday and got a last minute ticket to the Gladbach vs Leipzig game.

Stood in the nord kurve terrace, had a few bitburgers and enjoyed the atmosphere. I didn't see anyone off their face nor was beer sent flying when goals were scored, In fairness I've seen far worse behaviour from some of our fans at away games where they've had to pre-drink and down pints rather than being allowed to sup at a more leisurely pace

Very expensive commodity is Bovril ? not to be wasted in a mad moment of euphoria either.
I had to use a bovril in retaliation at disgraceful slurs aimed at our beloved team during the 80/81 season at Tranmere. Three quarters of the ground had been closed due to safety concerns so everyone was squeezed into the main stand that was a two tier affair. The 30 or so hardy souls from Southend were herded in to the upper tier, directly above the less friendly Tranmere support.

Well several things were questioned about our mothers, fathers, sisters, the usual stuff you get from those cheeky laugh a minute scoursers ( yes, I know technically Tranmere is on The Wirrel but close enough) but its a funny thing, they seem to lose that sense of witty humour when scolding hot coffee and bovril hits the back of the neck from 20 feet up.

A wicked waste I agree but justifyed that chilly evening.

I’m getting old, but the thought of being soaked with lager on a Tuesday night in January, as we equalise in the last minute against Maidenhead, doesn’t fill me with much enthusiasm.
It's pretty unlikely anyway.

In the good old days before the Premier league I do remember being at Leicester’s old ground with Chelsea where we the away fans were situated behind the goal bizarrely enough above the their home yobbo’s.

Can anyone remember the name of their old firm?

A cold Wednesday night which resembled something like a scene from the dark ages whereby the army below was being pelted and drenched in everything from beer, coffee / tea and Bovril of course in those old days it would have been boiling oil gushing from the open mouths of turret gargoyles.

A sight to be hold, I nearly split my sides laughing so much ????
The Baby squad if i remember correctly, horrible lot.

Back