• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

should i be bricking it?

SUFC-punks

Has anyone been to Belfast? i ask as i agreed to go there for a weekend with a friend who supports Linfield (don't ask why) and wants to watch the belfast derby. having booked my flight i've heard nothing but people saying i'm gonna get lynched for being English. clearly this is something i should have checked b4 booking my flight but i'm just not that bright. what's the likelyhood of getting a petrol bomb lobbed at me head? :thump:

No idea. However when I went to see oasis in Scotland, all the sweaty's were going all Braveheart so I kept my mouth shut, which maybe the best course of action.

Hello there. I have been to belfast many a time, what a place!!! I have been everywhere the average person doesn't go. I will tell you now, if you are english you don't have to buy a beer!! I have never felt so welcome in my life!

A beautiful place as well. Only advice i gve you is, don't get in a black cab by yourself!

Hello there. I have been to belfast many a time, what a place!!! I have been everywhere the average person doesn't go. I will tell you now, if you are english you don't have to buy a beer!! I have never felt so welcome in my life!quote]

Good to know!!:)

Has anyone been to Belfast? i ask as i agreed to go there for a weekend with a friend who supports Linfield (don't ask why) and wants to watch the belfast derby. having booked my flight i've heard nothing but people saying i'm gonna get lynched for being English. clearly this is something i should have checked b4 booking my flight but i'm just not that bright. what's the likelyhood of getting a petrol bomb lobbed at me head? :thump:

Belfast is great for a UK break.
I'd imagine the Belfast derby will however though be like a mini Old Firm game. You'll easily be OK if you're with the Linfield boys (seeing as they are the Unionists), although to be fair you probably wouldn't get much hassle from the other mob unless you said something really stupid (much as I've found whilst going to Celtic games here).

Belfast is also full of amazing looking women! Go check out the bars around Donegall Square as well as on the way up to the waterfront near the Odyssey Arena!

Went there for my 1st wedding anniversary, the city bus tour is also well worth doing as it takes you up the Falls Rd & down the Shankhill Rd which puts things into perspective!

Back