• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should I be suspicious

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I moved into a house a few months ago that had been empty for quite a while and have recently received a few letters from a bank addressed to someone we know has never lived there.

Has anyone had any problems with people using their address fraudulently?

I moved into a house a few months ago that had been empty for quite a while and have recently received a few letters from a bank addressed to someone we know has never lived there.

I'd send back as 'unknown at this address' - it's no longer the address that's blacklisted I believe.

I'd suggest contacting the bank's fraud team and notifying them.

I had a load of council tax demands addressed to someone I knew had never lived there. I am almost certain I know who they voted for though......

I'd suggest contacting the bank's fraud team and notifying them.

I agree, I work in fraud prevention. One of the tricks fraudsters use is to get cards moved to addresses where they know the names on the Electoral Role. They can use that information to pass security checks to get goods sent to addresses of their choosing. Inform the bank so they can cancel any associated cards. Contact the local council to make sure only you and your family are on the ER, and that any old details are removed.

Open the letter. Call the bank and tell them whats happened.

Also how do you know a person never lived there? Just because there are not on the deeds it does not mean they didn't reside there.

Good luck.

Open the letter. Call the bank and tell them whats happened.

Also how do you know a person never lived there? Just because there are not on the deeds it does not mean they didn't reside there.

Good luck.
We bought the house from an old lady who had lived there since it was built in 1972......

She didn't have a Polish surname either.....

Maybe she led a double life as part of some highly covert espionage operation?

She clearly had you fooled :omg:

Back