• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Iam begining to wonder if David Martin should now come off the transfer list .In the last games he has started he has put in a good shift for the club .In truth he had not put in the performaces he should have done . But over the last few weeks he has started he and Hurst has put defences under a lot of pressure with there runs and crosses . And with such a small squad we cant afford to lose any more players out of the door .I thought Sturrock had cut out all the drift wood . Now surely Sturrock and Martin should sit down and have clear the air talks .

He never was transfer listed, so there is nothing to do here. Sturrock circulated his name to other clubs to see if they were interested, but obviously they were not at the time

Iam begining to wonder if David Martin should now come off the transfer list .In the last games he has started he has put in a good shift for the club .In truth he had not put in the performaces he should have done . But over the last few weeks he has started he and Hurst has put defences under a lot of pressure with there runs and crosses . And with such a small squad we cant afford to lose any more players out of the door .I thought Sturrock had cut out all the drift wood . Now surely Sturrock and Martin should sit down and have clear the air talks .
He was one of the main reasons for yesterdays win. Did a lot of useful work tracking back and put in some tackles as well as scoring and supplying the cross for Britts header. A must keep in my opinion now Hall has gone.

I stand corrected I have gone back through the main site for sept .And yes his name was circulated arond other clubs .Well I hope now he has now proved his worth and we keep him . And I hope the boo boys keep of his back and gives the guy a break .

I guess that Sturrock would have wanted to get rid of Martin as I suspect that he would be on a decent wage.

Always rated him personally, he was very decent when he was at Millwall. Martin and Hurst both have genuine talent and they also put in a shift, if we could add two decent central midfielders, we could challenge this year.

I've always had a soft spot for Lil' Dave Martin, think he works hard, gets forward well and has been unlucky not to get more chances. I think PS thought of him as a Sawyer type of player - great on paper, but just lacking that final something. Hopefully this will now change. Also loving his relationship with Barker up the left hand side, they carry on like an old married couple, but at least they're constantly talking to each other and it seems to be working, Barks has even been inspired to go on a couple of dribbling runs forward in recent games!

I've always had a soft spot for Lil' Dave Martin, think he works hard, gets forward well and has been unlucky not to get more chances. I think PS thought of him as a Sawyer type of player - great on paper, but just lacking that final something. Hopefully this will now change. Also loving his relationship with Barker up the left hand side, they carry on like an old married couple, but at least they're constantly talking to each other and it seems to be working, Barks has even been inspired to go on a couple of dribbling runs forward in recent games!

The Dani Alves of League 2 !

I think that's right. Martin has improved considerably since been given time on the pitch. Unfortunately unless players are given regular time on the pitch, we do not see the best of them.

the main problem i have with martin is he seems to bottle all 50/50 challenges and can leave the left back unprotected, if he improves that part of his game then he is a good league 2 player

No, his name was circulated, but not put on the list.

This was another blatant Sturrock mistake...bit like Sawyer really although he is well gone and we have to put up with the likes of Spicer and Straker instead.

This was another blatant Sturrock mistake...bit like Sawyer really although he is well gone and we have to put up with the likes of Spicer and Straker instead.

Lee Sawyer (pictured) – His usual busy self, full of running and the creative spark behind the majority of Woking’s good play.

Taken from the Woking website where he is mom most weeks....and don't tell me that the football is vastly inferior to our crap League.

Maybe he should go on the list. If he carries on playing well we might be able to get some money for him.

Lee Sawyer (pictured) – His usual busy self, full of running and the creative spark behind the majority of Woking’s good play.

Taken from the Woking website where he is mom most weeks....and don't tell me that the football is vastly inferior to our crap League.

If he's mom, who's pop?

Isn't he listed on an offenders list already? ....oh sorry wrong Martin

Back