• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Mobile phones be on silent in the office

Mobile phones in the office- a capital offence or not ?

• Yes, the sound of crap music at regular intervals makes my Day

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I don't have a problem as long as the ringtone is not too irritating or loud

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Why leave them on the desk then walk away, its a mobile you moron...

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • They should all be on silent and if I hear Lily Feckin Allen again I will kill someone

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
I totally agree with you. In my job I leave my phone on silent even though its not an office, I do it just out of respect for my job.

They should be turned off completely but the younger element see a mobile phone as an essential part of every day life.
The one advantage is that people dont use the work phone for their private calls they use thier mobiles.

I fooking hate it when someone's phone goes off in the office, put the damned thing on silent for christs sake.

If I hear the melody to Sweet Child O' Mine again today I'm gonna shoot someone :guns:

Yes, unless it makes me laugh. Given the unpredictable nature of my laughing, peopel should err on the side of caution and turn the ***ting thing off

I fooking hate it when someone's phone goes off in the office, put the damned thing on silent for christs sake.

If I hear the melody to Sweet Child O' Mine again today I'm gonna shoot someone :guns:

You should work here - some guy has "You'll Never Walk Alone" on his phone and is always away from his desk.... He's from Northampton and I doubt he could point to Liverpool on a map....

Nokia phone that is set to the 'meeting' profile...

Also, there's nowt more annoying than the 'ring back' facility with Voicemail. The number of people in my office who have this, yet leave there damm mobile on their desk while they bugger off somewhere. The mobile rings, eventually goes to Voicemail, then the mobile rings again to alert the owner that there is a voicemail - and it keeps doing this every 5-10 mins - ARGHHHH!!! Why can't people either a) take the damm thing with them b) use 'text' facility rather than 'ring back' to alert them of a VM c) switch the damm thing off (which is what I do to their phone after a while)....

This thread has wound me up!!!!!

You should work here - some guy has "You'll Never Walk Alone" on his phone and is always away from his desk.... He's from Northampton and I doubt he could point to Liverpool on a map....

i think i'll pass on that one MK! :thump:

My main problem with the guy who has Sweet Child O Mine on his phone is that he's head of the department and yet we're told unequivocally to have our phones on silent!

Last edited:
Aghhhhhhh, turn them off or put em on silent!!!!!! :guns: :flamer:

Of the two worst offenders in our office, one does have Lily fecking Allen as a ringtone, the other Amy fecking Winehouse singing Rehab.....

always on silent is my phone.....

Back