• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should my mate move to Norway?

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
My mate Steve's been working in Magaluf this summer as a PR/bar work. Whilst out there he fell for a Norwegian bird and apparantly spent all his spare time with her during her stay.

This bird has her own house paid for by the government. Apparantly she had a operation which went wrong when younger and left her with no ovaries.

He's now come home and is still in contact with her. He came back from a week in Norway the other day and is now talking about moving out there.

He asked me my opinion and I said he'd be a prat to move in with someone he's known 2 months max. Plus she's a bit of a munter.

However marriage could mean a tidy little earner should it all go tits up
tounge.gif

I put this to the board.

I fully understand anyone wanting to move to any Scandanavian country after only 1 visit - clean streets, polite people, a very good standard of living. It's the perfect place to go for those who feel that the UK is going to the dogs. Perhaps he should get to know the girl a bit better first though.

As he has done six month in Magaluf could he not go out there and work for six months and see how the lands lies.

I dont think it will be as much fun when they are away from the blight lights and 24 hour partying of Majorca. He may find out he has nothing in common with her.

I would say if hes not working here then why not go out there for a bit but dont make any long term financial commitments.

DtS
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ Aug. 29 2006,15:48)]However marriage could mean a tidy little earner should it all go tits up  
tounge.gif
If anyone walks down the aisle with that at the back of their mind, they need their head examining.

As for whether he should move out there... well that's up to him. He has to weigh up how old he is and what he's looking for in life.

Norway would be an amazing place to bring up a family - which, as cruel fate would have it, is the one thing that they appear unable to have (unless surrogacy / adoption is something they've thought about).

But if your mate is young and still in the process of sewing his wild oats, then settling down in Norway may not be the way forward. For one thing, beer is really expensive there. It's also really cold there in winter!

And, from a practical point of view, he'd need to check out whether or not he has a permanent right to reside there - after all, Norway is not in the EU. If she's in a flat paid for by the state, there may be prohibitions on her having live-in boyfriends also staying there... in fact, if the state can prove that he's a bread-winner and that she has become a dependent of his, then she may end up losing the flat.

So, not a step to be undertaken lightly. I would have thought he should come back to the UK, and then try the long distance relationship thing for a while. If the relationship survives the stern test that that will undoubtedly pose the relationship, then maybe he should think about taking it to the next level and (say) going to spend a fortnight with her at Christmas (not least to test the heat of his ardour in a Norwegian winter).

But do I think he should rush off to Norway now? No. That would be foolish.

rock.gif
sad.gif

Matt

Cheers lads.

And yeah he is young (21) just gets attached easy with his women!

Some interesting points raised here. And we were only joking around about marrying for a divorce settlement!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Aug. 29 2006,16:40)]It's £6 a pint. End of deliberation.
Jonny that was my main argument to him. Way before I started on about only knowing her a couple of months, etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Aug. 29 2006,16:40)]It's £6 a pint. End of deliberation.
Good point Jonny,

If he stays in for a night rather than go drinking he could buy a house in Leytonsone for that.
blush.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 29 2006,21:39)]
[b said:
Good point Jonny,

If he stays in for a night rather than go drinking he could buy a house in Leytonsone for that.  
blush.gif
You can't buy houses in Leytonstone - it's all council estates and council tower blocks, innit?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ Aug. 29 2006,17:28)]
[b said:
Jonny that was my main argument to him. Way before I started on about only knowing her a couple of months, etc.
Football loyalties aside, I am a young man of great wisdom.
laugh.gif

The advantage being tho, if he chose to support a football team there too, he could watch footy all year round as i believe there season runs March - October

21 years old, no ties at home so go for it my son 100 per cent, what the hell has he to lose and if it goes sideways then he can take it as an experience.

Its better to regret something you have done than something you havent done in most caes i believe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ Aug. 29 2006,23:52)]21 years old, no ties at home so go for it my son 100 per cent, what the hell has he to lose and if it goes sideways then he can take it as an experience.

Its better to regret something you have done than something you havent done in most caes i believe.
Sound advise that. He only has his dick to keep so pack up and experiance something different.

Norway is a great place and even if it does not work out with her there is enough Scandanavian beauties to fall back on. So tell him to go and why do you not join him, so what if the price of beer is higher, wagers are higher although taxes are as well but it is all relative when you consider the country has a higher percentage of beautiful woman to chose from.
cool.gif

Back