• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Nile Ranger's contract be terminated?

• Yes immediately because he has pleaded guilty to the charge

Votes: 16 5.5%
  • Not yet, wait until sentencing in April

Votes: 42 14.4%
  • No, this happened too long ago and he has shown remorse

Votes: 234 80.1%

• Total voters

cerbera45

Coach⭐
in light of today's events I just wondered what people's initial thoughts were/are

Easier to add a poll I think.

But as it stands, i'm currently opting for option B.

That's what i was trying to (a poll) before my t'internet crashed in the middle of it

C for me. I agree it's a nasty crime against a vulnerable person but it was a couple of years ago and we took him in with his baggage.

If it happened now it would be different of course.

I voted C. The Club statement went a very long way to helping me with the decision. If they are prepared to support him then so am I.

Nope - would be unfair to ditch him over this. That said, if he'd turned out to be useless then this would be a great opportunity to get shot of him :smile:

interesting that Sheff United chose to get rid of Ched Evans and yet Evans was eventually acquitted

interesting that Sheff United chose to get rid of Ched Evans and yet Evans was eventually acquitted

Yeah, but as Napster says, there're a bunch of Northern monkeys (that were better than us last Saturday). Says it all really.:dim:

True, but I don't think there's a club in the country that would stand by a convicted rapist, however much they protested their innocence.

C. It'd do no one any good to sack him. As I said, let him take his punishment and then try to be a better man.

C for me. As the club said in an official statement earlier today, the offences happened two years ago, before he was a Southend player. If he had been at SUFC at the time, the consequences would have been different

Easiest poll choice for me in a long time......C.....if we turned our backs on all "petty" crims no one would get re-habilitated.

Difference being that he was a Sheff Utd player when the alleged crime was committed and he was sent to prison for a significantly more serious offence albeit that it was later revoked

C for me....he's here now. It was quite clear he had a dodgy past when we signed him...the decision (whether personally we agreed with it or not) was made then. I can't see how it's logical to reverse the decision to offer him a contract now?

I don't quite understand the thinking behind the 12 people selecting B. Choosing A or C I can understand, but he's admitted the offence, so why would your opinion change when he's sentenced??? If he'd pleaded not guilty I'd understand, but as he's admitted it we can reasonably assume he did it. Why would waiting until sentencing change your opinion? Is a convicted fraudster any different to a non convicted fraudster?

Back