• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
Plus points

Outstanding record of producing talent

Cheap (sorry if that sounds like an insult it's not meant to be)

Loyal

Negatives

No recent experience of handling senior players

Too easily manipulated by RM (possibly ?)

Copy and paste the above and add your own points to each list

No, not yet. Also, we would then be losing the best youth coach we have ever had.

Ok i'll do it for you but i'm adding a positive to your negative too.

Plus points

Outstanding record of producing talent

Cheap (sorry if that sounds like an insult it's not meant to be)

Loyal

Would be able to give great support and guidance to the new youth coach and get some continuity going

Negatives

No recent experience of handling senior players

Too easily manipulated by RM (possibly ?)

We lose a great youth coach who would be hard to replace

Should there really be ANY talk of another manager at all yet?

In any season a team needs at least 10-15 games to 'settle' so no matter how worrying things have gone the last 10 days, lets give it time eh?

He took control of the reserves in past, and could barely win a game.
I think taking care of our youth is where he belongs, and where he is superb.

Really?

There's Kane Ferdinand and Franck Moussa, but after that I'm struggling to name anyone who has done any more than make up the numbers at league level.

Are you forgetting the one's that have moved to much bigger clubs before being given a chance to make it with us ?

I'm clearly forgetting the ones that have done anything meaningful in their careers so far.

You're right, they haven't been heard of since their moves. But they have brought much needed cash into the club. Della-Verde's fee and add-ons is being haggled over right now. Well done Southend for a change.

Should there really be ANY talk of another manager at all yet?

In any season a team needs at least 10-15 games to 'settle' so no matter how worrying things have gone the last 10 days, lets give it time eh?
No there shouldn't, however Sturrock has alienated most people in the last 2 games by being a complete stubborn unentertaining dinosaur. If this continues he can get out as i'd rather lose than be frustrated by this cra p!

Totally different being a low profile youth team manager to managing a football clubs senior team. Not saying he couldnt do it but not at the moment. Stick with Luggy and we will be in the championship playing at Fossetts Farm by 2015.

Are you forgetting the one's that have moved to much bigger clubs before being given a chance to make it with us ?

The majority of the best youth players to come good are those that have been released from bigger clubs and drifted to us. RD does a good job with the youth team but he is in no way good enough to manage the 1st team.

The majority of the best youth players to come good are those that have been released from bigger clubs and drifted to us. RD does a good job with the youth team but he is in no way good enough to manage the 1st team.

I have no idea if he is or isn't.

People at other clubs have moved up the ladder and it seems to be more common in the current economic climate.

I don't think any of us should be saying yes he can or no he can't, we don't know but i'm sure of one thing, he wouldn't play hoof ball.

This forum makes me grin sometimes ....

2 defeats - yes poor ones, result in ridiculous threads of "Should Tilly come back", "Should Duncan be 1st team manager" , "Should we see if Arsene leaves Arsenal" ...............

Come on ....... be serious ... what do people expect, us to win every single game ???

Pathetic

Back