• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should the FA look into Thornton??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/leagueonevideo/0,,12555~1090031,00.html

I was watching these highlights and I noticed how badly Thornton was playing on it winding up Macca. I mean Macca being a gentleman and a good sport went to give his hand to help Thornton up and he pulled away to make the situation worse.

I really think the FA need to clamp down on players like Thornton he is a real arsehole. And deserves everything that he gets.

I defy anyone to watch that and say that it was a foul, let alone that it was bad enough to leave Thornton seemingly close to death on the floor. If the FA are in the least bit serious about clamping down on divers then they need to look at videos like that and take action.

Perhaps now those who have decided to blame McCormack for this defeat might want the retract their comments. There it was folks. Blantant diving. Tilson should be breaking the FA's door down right now with that evidence. Thornton should face a disaplinary hearing over this and the ref should also be facing charges. In this day and age it just isn't good enough.

Perhaps now those who have decided to blame McCormack for this defeat might want the retract their comments. There it was folks. Blantant diving. Tilson should be breaking the FA's door down right now with that evidence. Thornton should face a disaplinary hearing over this and the ref should also be facing charges. In this day and age it just isn't good enough.

We know that neither of those will happen though

I want my money back.The game was played out as a farce.No -one takes my money under false pretences and dishonesty.
I feel a violent tendancy toward Thornton......:guns: :guns: :guns:

Mate, you are seriously ****ing blind if you cant see some contact between McCormack and Thornton.

And how anyone can say Thornton is play acting is beyond me - he just lays there, he isnt rolling around in agony for ****s sake.

It wasnt worthy of a booking, that I do agree with. But you were extremely lucky that Peter Clarke didnt get into trouble, by trying to drag Thornton to his feet and also Jamal Campbell-Ryce gave Thornton a slap as well, which I have seen many a player red-carded for. Indeed, you may find that if those two players hadnt done that, which ensured there was some handbags, McCormack may have been just spoken to, instead of being cautioned.

Also, in the lead up to the incident, you may notice Che Wilsons poor challenge on Adam Boyd which went un-punished.

So get a life and get over it.

Mate, you are seriously ****ing blind if you cant see some contact between McCormack and Thornton.

And how anyone can say Thornton is play acting is beyond me - he just lays there, he isnt rolling around in agony for ****s sake.

It wasnt worthy of a booking, that I do agree with. But you were extremely lucky that Peter Clarke didnt get into trouble, by trying to drag Thornton to his feet and also Jamal Campbell-Ryce gave Thornton a slap as well, which I have seen many a player red-carded for. Indeed, you may find that if those two players hadnt done that, which ensured there was some handbags, McCormack may have been just spoken to, instead of being cautioned.

Also, in the lead up to the incident, you may notice Che Wilsons poor challenge on Adam Boyd which went un-punished.

"he just lays there" yep you got it right there Orient scummer,this was just after Thornton had jumped in the air holding both ankles screaming as though someone had used a "fresh air scythe" to hack away at his legs.
Crawl back under yer bin,try insulting someone else's intelligence.

Oh and referee's now send someone off for another players action do they? Look at the video again and tell me Thornton didn't deserve at least a booking for his reaction. Do you seriously believe he wasn't play acting. Fu*king hell, it was like watching the Dying Swan! Even a few of your own players were shaking their heads. He is a cheating b*stard and will be found out sooner than later. I live in hope that he gets launched very hard, very soon and gets very hurt to justify his rolling around like a wounded dog.

I said on a different thread ( Che Wilson I think ) that when Thornton dived he was behind the ref .I can't see why he gave the booking without consulting the linesman.

And for the record Thornton was in the air for at least 3 seconds before Macca came charging in. I saw Thornton throw himself into the air behind the ref when he saw Macca coming. Even if he did make contact it was on Thornton's way down .

5.8 5.7 5.9 5.9 5.6 5.9

We will have snorkels and masks on at Birdbrain Rd .

All said and done tho , you did a job on us and got the points . Lets hope we learn from this , fast .

Thornton is an absolute disgrace to the game. All game he was falling down whenever a southend player got anywhere near him. It reminded me of that Wickes advert with that guy that falls over without being touched then they cement his feet. Thornton should of auditioned for that cause he does it naturally.

Now Lord Griff why don't you go and watch the rest of your diver friends at Upton Park.

So now you're saying, IF McCormack made contact. So its fair to say he did.

You've clearly never played the game mate - what Thornton has done is called riding a challenge/tackle. And I'm not sure whether you actually realise it or not, but a dangerous tackle from behind is a mandatory caution.

You've clearly never played the game mate - what Thornton has done is called riding a challenge/tackle. And I'm not sure whether you actually realise it or not, but a dangerous tackle from behind is a mandatory caution.

Thornton went down like a sack of sh!t every time one of our players came near him, contact or no contact.
He's a very clever player mind you and completely conned the ref.

Oh do me a favour!! Now he was 'riding the challenge' but he was tackled from behind according to you. How did he 'ride' it then. Take your head out of your a*se and open your eyes.

Er no,running next to a player is classed as running next to a player.

If you look on the end of your rod,you'll notice something brown and smelly that you are trying to use as bait.
Do yourself a favour and take Thornton off and come back to have a nice old chat old boy.Otherwise,f**k right off.

Now Ive seen it again its even more ridiculous. Firstly Macca didnt break stride, so it wasnt if he kicked him. Secondly, which confirms what we thought at the match, the ref follows the path of theball after the "tackle". Its only when the Orient fans shout that he decides to stop the game.
Shameful behaviour by Thornton.

Talk Sport drive dont have much to discuss at the moment. If anyone gets time tomorrow, send the link and bombard the show with emails. Durham hates cheating and could be the voice that shows Thornton up for what he realy is.

No you're twisting what I said,and it wouldn't have been from behind without the Fosbury Flop .But no sense in swapping insults is there ? I've already acknowledged that your team did a job on us and got the points .

i also thought that you've signed a number of pretty useful players . Ling is a pretty smart cookie in my book . At least he learnt it with us

Now Ive seen it again its even more ridiculous. Firstly Macca didnt break stride, so it wasnt if he kicked him. Secondly, which confirms what we thought at the match, the ref follows the path of theball after the "tackle". Its only when the Orient fans shout that he decides to stop the game.
Shameful behaviour by Thornton.

Talk Sport drive dont have much to discuss at the moment. If anyone gets time tomorrow, send the link and bombard the show with emails. Durham hates cheating and could be the voice that shows Thornton up for what he realy is.

Good idea mate - i won't be free but hope someone else can

Even though he rode the challenge, contact was still made. If he hadnt ridden the challenge, then McCormack would probably have crocked him. Did McCormack get anywhere near the ball ? I dont think so.

As I have previously stated, it probably wasnt worthy of a booking because minimal contact was made, but McCormack is the idiot as he should have been giving the ref no reason whatsoever to even talk to him, let alone book him as he had been cautioned in the first half.

Even though he rode the challenge, contact was still made. If he hadnt ridden the challenge, then McCormack would probably have crocked him. Did McCormack get anywhere near the ball ? I dont think so.

As I have previously stated, it probably wasnt worthy of a booking because minimal contact was made, but McCormack is the idiot as he should have been giving the ref no reason whatsoever to even talk to him, let alone book him as he had been cautioned in the first half.

Don't think you'll find many of us disagreeing with your 2nd para - Suspect we will have to agree to disagree overall tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back