• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smith - Stay
Clohessy - Stay
Straker - Go
Spillane - Go
Coughlan - Assistant?
Cresswell - Stay
Eastwood - Go
Timlin - Stay
Harris - Coach?
Corr - Stay
Lund - Season long loan?
Hurst - Go
Phillips - Stay
Prosser - Go
Bentley - Stay
Leonard - Stay
Spicer - Go
Britt - Season long loan (unlikely)
Tomlin - Stay
Barker - Stay
Laird - Stay
Reeves - Season long loan (unlikely)
Mohsni - Stay
Benyon - Go
Woodyard -Stay

my stays are and im doing this by reading your threads throughout the season ,having only watched them play once from a stream versus BORIENT. Smith, Bentley, Chambers,Clohessy,Cresswell,Mohsni,Prosser, Straker,Hurst,Laird,Timlin,Corr, Tomlin,Eastwood,Leonard,Spillane.
Not put in any of the loanees but if it were possible would like Lund ,Reeves .think they possibles , dont think Britt and MKandwire are any chance.
Love Southend to put in a bid for a young left sided player from Melbourne Victory i spoke about in an earlier thread Marco Rojas hes just 20/21 and hes good believe me, just dont know if SUFC can afford him ,but they would get it back 3 or 4 fold in 2 seasons.

my stays are and im doing this by reading your threads throughout the season ,having only watched them play once from a stream versus BORIENT. Smith, Bentley, Chambers,Clohessy,Cresswell,Mohsni,Prosser, Straker,Hurst,Laird,Timlin,Corr, Tomlin,Eastwood,Leonard,Spillane.
Not put in any of the loanees but if it were possible would like Lund ,Reeves .think they possibles , dont think Britt and MKandwire are any chance.
Love Southend to put in a bid for a young left sided player from Melbourne Victory i spoke about in an earlier thread Marco Rojas hes just 20/21 and hes good believe me, just dont know if SUFC can afford him ,but they would get it back 3 or 4 fold in 2 seasons.

Why would he come to a league two club when he is playing for a top teir Aussie club ? They get crowds of 17,000 compared to our 5,000.

Still think Barker is our best left back but he's out of contract and his daughter lives in the West Country, can't see him sticking around up here.

not much competition to be fair, we can do better, he's served us well but he worries me now.

Smith - Undecided
Clohessy - Stay
Straker- Go
Spillane - Go
Coughlan - Stay on as assistant
Cressy - Stay
Eastwood - Stay - Phil Brown will get the best out of him
Timlin - Stay
Harris - Stay
Corr - Stay
Lund - Go
Hurst - Stay
Phillips - Stay
Prosser- Go
Bentley- Stay
Leonard- Stay
Spicer- Go
Britt - Go
Tomlin - Stay
Barker- Go
Laird- Stay
Reeves- Stay
Mohsni - Stay
Benyon- Go
Woodyard-Stay
Mkandwire - Go

I'd like to see the likes of Freddy and Harris stay, like Phil Brown said he see's chopper as a Dean Windass type player so hopefully he will stay on as a player / coach

Really not bothered about loosing to many of the squad that has taken us to the dizzy heights of mid table.

I would like to keep in an ideal world Smith, Bentley, Clohessey, Cresswell, Hurst, Timlin, Laird, Tomlin, Freddy and Corr. The rest to me are fairly expendable. Players like Phillips, Barker, Straker, Prosser I would be happy to see stay if the money was right but I think all are fairly replaceable.

If we can afford a labotomy would like to see us keep Bilel as for all his faults at this level I still think he is a talent.

Of the loaness would like to keep Tam. Reeves started well but I think has faided and Lund I havent really seen do a lot since the first ame when I thought he was immense.

My pessimistic view is that we'll either lose our decent/ good/ solid players because PB will release them thinking he knows best and can do better or they will get sold for a pittance. The ones we keep will be the liabilities. PB will sign, as ESB states, one or two 30+ ex-premiership players who can't run (Simon Coleman alikes) and two or three kids from premiership clubs who aren't ready for League 2 (Michael Husbands alikes). The result will be that next year we will really struggle at the foot of the table. Obviously I could be wrong (and hopefully I am) but I think we are entering some very hard times. Make the most of Wembley!

I don't know whether I'm pessimistic just yet..........just a bit nervous and concerned about next season already. With Paul Sturrock one felt more re-assured. You just had confidence that, with virtually nothing, he would assemble a good squad at League Two level that they would be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. Yet, it was more than that, with Luggy as manager, he provided a sense of calm and security, even when you knew that the situation behind him was far from the case. Perhaps I saw him as a kind of buffer between us supporters and the behaviour of Ron Martin. Maybe as one gets older, change becomes a little more fearsome and difficult to deal with?
Anyway, whilst we will all be disappointed, no one will wag an accusing finger at Phil Brown, when we fail to get to the play-offs this season. I don't suppose he will even get too much criticism if next Sunday doesn't go well (although - apart from the Brentford replay - Luggy's sides had an excellent record against higher opposition in Cup competitions this season). No, as a newcomer, PB has the luxury of a period of calm, whilst us supporters wait and watch with interest. First indications, will be his summer signings, which he will achieve, with the likelihood of litle or no money being available. These will be discussed and dissected to exhaustion on here. Phil, there's no pressure on you whatsoever................but if the squad doesn't start producing results after the first dozen games, the criticisms and obviously the comparisons will begin. Good luck to you........I think you may need it!

Many factors come into the equation - Who does Phil Brown fancy after seeing the squad for just five/six weeks at the club? Who of the players on loan and out of contract actually want to stay (No Wembley carrot dangling)? How good will the gaffers contacts be? What will the budget be like? Will Luggy land another lower level job and come poaching a few of 'his' players?

Personally - if the purpose of this is my choice if I was the gaffer then my choices follow:

Smith - Stay, but only because he has another year on his contract

Shauny - Stay, I fear he will leave but he has to be one of the priorities in extending his stay
Straker- Stay, but once again only because he is still under contract, woeful for me, maybe Brown can improve him.
Spillane - GO, looks overweight, unterested and produced very little. Was even poor in that training game yesterday
Coughlan - GO Retire as a player, also feel that Brown will bring in his own man.
Cressy - Stay, Under contract and can see him being installed as club captain unless we sign a Phil Brown player
Eastwood - Stay, Thanks heavens he is still under contract. With a good pre season under his belt, he is still class if the gaffer can get his appetite for the game like his general appetitie, he will be an important player for us.
Timlin - Stay Could some form of contract be offered depending on his recovery, I would say stay on sentiment, I gues sit depends on how long he has been out and the reports the gaffer gathers from him as a player.
Harris - Stay Under contract and another class player, could be used in a coaching role. I think he could play a huge part next season and Phil Brown has already spoke positive words about Chopper.
Corr - Stay
Lund - Go Think we could replace him with better
Hurst - Stay Needs to find consistency but a decent footballer and without his assists we would have struggled.
Phillips - Stay Experienced and under contract, just fear his best seasons are behind him
Prosser- Stay A true club and squad player, would imagine he is cheap too. You need players like him as he never lets us down or moans despite Sturrock treating him terribly at times.
Bentley- Stay Stay and learn, push for the number 1 jersey.
Leonard- Go An ok fringe player but the money could be used elsewhere
Spicer- Go Dross, another poor Sturrock panic signing late in the summer window
Britt - Go Never really done it for me, also feel he may be signed by a Lge 1 side
Tomlin - Stay Along with Clohessy, we need to do everything we can to keep him
Barker- Go Pains me to say it but time to cut him loose, he will be on a fair whack too. Thanks Barks and good luck.
Laird- Stay Contracted and we look better with him in the side than without him
Reeves- Go I expect he will return or sign for a side at a decent level. Wouldn't mind keeping him if possible
Mohsni - Go Destroyed the changing room more than once, countless chances, never produces in a big match and too much of a nuisance and liability who lets the whole club down time and time again. Go Go Go Go and Go for good.
Benyon- Go One of the worst signings in years, can't believe he commanded a fee.
Woodyard- Go Simply not good enough, he will be found out at Braintree and be at a Canvey, Concord, Billericay in 18 months time

The lure of playing in Europe,its what all Aussie and NZ soccer plays dream off, He would look upon Southend as a stage to show his talents,anyway regardless its just been announced Melbourne Victory will be playing a pre season friendly against Liverpool here in July,Liverpool coming all the way to Melbourne just for one game , makes me think.

The lure of playing in Europe,its what all Aussie and NZ soccer plays dream off, He would look upon Southend as a stage to show his talents,anyway regardless its just been announced Melbourne Victory will be playing a pre season friendly against Liverpool here in July,Liverpool coming all the way to Melbourne just for one game , makes me think.

When it comes to a choice between playing for Liverpool's second or third string team and playing nearly 60 games a season for the Cup Finalist's, super Blues.................as they say here, 'Il n'y a pas photo!'

Stay: Smith, Bentley, Clohessy, Leonard, Straker, Tomlin, Cresswell, Eastwood, Timlin, Laird, Harris (as coach), Corr, Lund, Hurst, Phillips, Prosser, Njie, Paxman, Reeves, Couglan (as assistant)

Go: Barker, Harris (as player), Spillane, Spicer, Assombalonga, Coughlan (as player), Mohsni, Mkandawire, Benyon, Woodyard.

Been having a rethink.

Smith - Stay (but won't be annoyed if he goes)
Bentley - Stay
Clohessy - Essential
Barker - Go
Straker - Go
Cresswell - Essential
Phillips - Stay (but won't be annoyed if he goes)
Prosser - Stay (but won't be annoyed if he goes)
Coughlan - Retire
Mohsni - Go
Leonard - Stay (but won't be annoyed if he goes)
Spillane - Go
Spicer - Go
Woodyard - Go
Laird - Stay
Timlin - Essential
Hurst - Stay
Tomlin - Essential
Corr - Stay
Eastwood - Stay
Benyon - Go
Harris - Coach?

Left out the Loanees as I don't think we'll get any of them (although Mkandawire would be good alongside Timlin)

Back