• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we appeal Barry Corr's red card?

• Yes

Votes: 178 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not serious are you? There would be about 12 sent off every game for a slight push, especially at corners.

Lol having to go because of a slight push ?

Every penalty would result in a sending off if that was the case.

Did the Yeovil player get red carded for pushing Bennett?

Raise your arms/hands to another player with intent to harm and you have to walk.Simples.

With his record Corr should know better.Stand on me,there won't be an appeal.

We should absolutely appeal. Admittedly I've only seen the incident once on the Football League Show but it looked inocuous to me; and bearing in mind the ref looked completely uninterested and turned away, and only sent Corr off after the assistant's intervention there's every chance the card will be rescinded.

Personally its a No for me. Reasons being The panel normally sides with the Ref and as much as it was literally nothing , and I mean absolutely nothing in it, he did technically raised his hands into the blokes chest. And by the strict interpretation of the rules that is an offence. So if Ref says he went precisely by that ruling The panel I think would back that view to set an example. Also if an appeal failed he'd be suspended for an extra game I think. Saying all this if we appeal we may succeed but in honestly don't think we would . thats I feel in the main. So for me I personally wouldn't.

Raise your arms/hands to another player with intent to harm and you have to walk.Simples.

You'd be lucky to finish a game without half the team getting sent off going by that, it was hardly with intent to harm either

Refs at this level are so p@ss poor that appeal would be pointless. We should be used to the dreadful standard of officiating at this level!

Personally its a No for me. Reasons being The panel normally sides with the Ref and as much as it was literally nothing , and I mean absolutely nothing in it, he did technically raised his hands into the blokes chest. And by the strict interpretation of the rules that is an offence. So if Ref says he went precisely by that ruling The panel I think would back that view to set an example. Also if an appeal failed he'd be suspended for an extra game I think. Saying all this if we appeal we may succeed but in honestly don't think we would . thats I feel in the main. So for me I personally wouldn't.
Failed appeals don't automatically result in an extra game ban and I don't think our hypothetical appeal would be considered frivolous unless Brown said publicly Corr deserved to be sent off but appealed anyway.

I wouldn't risk getting an increased ban. From the highlights he did kick out in a backwards motion, but didn't seem to make contact, but the intent was there.
I must have been half asleep when viewing this as I was watching the incident to see what could have warranted a red card and all I could see was a backwards kick that didn't make contact, but this was the Hartlepool player!! The highlights don't show Corr doing anything wrong, so still a bit of a mystery for me.

So should the Yeovil player have been sent off if that simple?

What offence is that ?

In the past it was a sending off (Eastwood vs Huddersfield), but I thought a push was degraded to a yellow?

A player can be sent off for violent conduct, but a push is hardly violent.

A referee's opinion would be appreciated, although if it was for a kick thats different anyway.

I don't know whether it will be overturned if we decide to try. Yes it is never a red at all, it got heated and they had a scuffle, which happens in every single football game. But what I'm thinking is that will the football league overturn it because in a way it will look like they are condoning things like that. That is my opinion anyway.

Paul Clarke yesterday said he thought the red card was potty. It seemed to be given by a lino that was yards away . So if that is the case then the club must appeal . And if it isn't over turned I would say the FA has something against our club .

The linesman who got Corr sent off wasn't" even close to the incident. He was on the far side. Clearly it was the defenders foot that he saw kick out, it wasn't Corrs!

Absolutely. Having seen the FLS, it's the Hartlepool player that has the kick out.

Yes the guy did kick out but Barry stiill raised his hands nudging him in the chest. Both players can't do neither by law. Seems strange the Lino advised on Barry's input but seemingly chose not to tell the Ref about their player. By Law both should go thats if your going by the rules pure and simple. In reality, commom sense, Just a word would have sufficed. Technically both players were wrong and so was the Lino/

Yes the guy did kick out but Barry stiill raised his hands nudging him in the chest. Both players can't do neither by law. Seems strange the Lino advised on Barry's input but seemingly chose not to tell the Ref about their player. By Law both should go thats if your going by the rules pure and simple. In reality, commom sense, Just a word would have sufficed. Technically both players were wrong and so was the Lino/

And as I asked earlier, is a push actually a sending off offence as I thought it was downgraded?

This is what infuriates me. Even if you mean no harm DON'T put yourself in the position where your actions are going to be judged and unfairly judged as in barry's case. but he has been in these incidents before and should have learned by now not to do the slightest thing which could make him vulnerable. walk away. don't get involved. get on with it. score a goal. win the game. all these are better methods. would we have the same sympathy ( in part I have) if this was Bilel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back