• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we appeal Barry Corr's red card?

• Yes

Votes: 178 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad decision -yes. Red card- No way. Yellow card- No way. A word- Yes. Ok there was a slight kick out but when their player went theatrical barry turned round and nudged his fingers into his chest. not a push with force but still raised his hands. i can understand the appeal but i don;t think we would win it. if we do appeal and succeed i will hold my hands up. but are we going to appeal as nothing phil brown has suggests we will.

Was at the game and didn't see what happened but feared the worst when the lino became involved. Since seen the TV footage and never a red. Not even a foul IMO. Ridiculous red and must be overturned!

I'm assuming the ref didn't see the kick out but the Lino did. Why he advised him. But what didn't help the cause with Barry is the ref did turn round in time to see the slight finger tip nudge in the chest. bad decisions by ref and lino but both incidents. however monor, you cannot do. need to jog on and walk away from it and give officials nothing to decide on.

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 6m
Phil Brown believes it is likely Blues will appeal against Barry Corr's red card. @SUFCRootsHall @Essex_Echo

and we should expect to win it. the reason i 'm not convinced with winning the potential appeal is because who sit on the panel tend to be biased in favour of the ref and officials. if the appeal succeeds i'll hold my hands up.

If it's for a kick we should appeal as the kick seems to come from the Hartlepool player.

However BBBC has done himself no favours by squaring up to their player. That makes any coming together look as if there could be a violent intent. He needs to cut that out. It might be a crap decision but he's really only got himself to blame as he could have diffused the situation by walking away.

If it's for a kick we should appeal as the kick seems to come from the Hartlepool player.

However BBBC has done himself no favours by squaring up to their player. That makes any coming together look as if there could be a violent intent. He needs to cut that out. It might be a crap decision but he's really only got himself to blame as he could have diffused the situation by walking away.[/QUOTE

That was the point I was trying to make with the slight (faint) finger jabbing. It is this which might balls up the appeall if we submit one.

Barry's not one to walk away, it's that fiery Celtic blood, however, there's not anything for him to walk away from here cos he literally does nothing! The "aggression" is all on the part of the Hartlepool player.

Nearly every Red Card a Southend player gets, I say, 'You effing stupid idiot.' The appeal system is a joke and is heavily biased against players. So I would say don't appeal, unless certain.

But in this case, he was judged to have kicked out by Mr McGoo from a distance. That is the offence........not the push. Straight Red for kicking out, a Yellow for the little push. So the Hartlepool player should have got the Red Card.

This One must go to appeal.

Just seen the highlights, and it looks like the Hartlepool player kicks out, I can't see any raised arm or hand by Corr.. Squares up to the guy but with both arms by his side..

Absolutely nothing in this and we have to appeal!

Just seen the highlights, and it looks like the Hartlepool player kicks out, I can't see any raised arm or hand by Corr.. Squares up to the guy but with both arms by his side..

Absolutely nothing in this and we have to appeal!

There was a petulant little push after the ball had gone,which you seem to have missed.

I doubt if we'll appeal but if we do, we'll lose.

Bad decision -yes. Red card- No way. Yellow card- No way. A word- Yes.
From wat I've heard there was a melee near the touchine just before this. Sounds like the game was threatening to boil over, so from a match management point of view there's no way in that context you can get away without a card. But you can't justify a red for what either layer did in Barry's incident.

Personally a yellow for each player and a "stop being idiots" would be the right way to deal with them.

A view from a referee......

I can't see an offence on the footage I've seen. I am guessing therefore one of three scenarios

1. the offence is blind side to the camera
2. the offence takes place off camera
3. the assistant thinks he has seen something which in fact he hasn't

My money's on option 3, and the ref has gone with what the Lino sad he saw. If that's what his report confirms then our appeal could be strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back