• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we appeal Barry Corr's red card?

• Yes

Votes: 178 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amsemp

Director⭐
Having just seen the footage on Blues Player, it seems exceptionally harsh on BBBC to get a straight red for what was effectively a little tussle. I've watched it a good 4 or 5 times and appear to have missed the supposed 'kicking out' from Corr, but he's still now facing a 3 game ban. Should we appeal?

Having just seen the footage on Blues Player, it seems exceptionally harsh on BBBC to get a straight red for what was effectively a little tussle. I've watched it a good 4 or 5 times and appear to have missed the supposed 'kicking out' from Corr, but he's still now facing a 3 game ban. Should we appeal?
it seems a soft red card
but he has previous, so I wouldn't be hopeful

cant see anything wrong from corr to get a red card from that, even the other guy had a little kick out at corr and got away with nothing, dont make sense to me:nope:

Without reading the ref's report it is hard to know, if it was for a back kick and there is no back kick then yes - appeal.
However there maybe more to it such as a small foul/push followed by use of either C word at official etc.

Can't see anything wrong in the footage on Blues Player. It shouldn't matter about BBBC record as he's been well behaved for most of the time he's been with us. We'd be stupid not to appeal.

I wouldn't risk getting an increased ban. From the highlights he did kick out in a backwards motion, but didn't seem to make contact, but the intent was there.

It is very difficult from the TV pictures to see what the sending off is actually for. As there do not appear to be any obvious actions by Corr to warrant a sending off I certainly think it is worth appealing, In the circumstances I do not believe an appeal would be deemed to be frivolous so should not attract any extra game.

My understanding for an appeal to succeed there has to be an obvious mistake. Bizarrely my concern is that because it is not really that clear what the red card is for proving an obvious mistake may not be that easy.

It is very difficult from the TV pictures to see what the sending off is actually for. As there do not appear to be any obvious actions by Corr to warrant a sending off I certainly think it is worth appealing, In the circumstances I do not believe an appeal would be deemed to be frivolous so should not attract any extra game.

My understanding for an appeal to succeed there has to be an obvious mistake. Bizarrely my concern is that because it is not really that clear what the red card is for proving an obvious mistake may not be that easy.

Presumably we will have sight of the referee's report which will help us to decide whether to appeal or not.

On the face of it, it is difficult to see what Corr did wrong and the referee was clearly going entirely on the word of his Assistant.

I would expect an appeal (which would not take into account his previous poor record) and the chance of an extra game ban is nil.

As for the chances of success, they are a lottery and your guess is as good as mine.

Presumably we will have sight of the referee's report which will help us to decide whether to appeal or not.

On the face of it, it is difficult to see what Corr did wrong and the referee was clearly going entirely on the word of his Assistant.

I would expect an appeal (which would not take into account his previous poor record) and the chance of an extra game ban is nil.

As for the chances of success, they are a lottery and your guess is as good as mine.

Does the referee have to state that on reviewing the evidence he made a mistake or is it decided by an independent assessor(s)?

As the referee has based his decision on the word of his Assistant (as he should) maybe it will make it easier for him to overrule the original decision.

I assume also its a straight decision between the card was correct and a 3 match ban applies or overturned and no ban.

Last edited:
Lol having to go because of a slight push ?

Every penalty would result in a sending off if that was the case.

Did the Yeovil player get red carded for pushing Bennett?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back