• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Should we blame the 'Consortium' ?

CC51DAS

President
I am not exonerating RM but I have heard it said that the 'Consortium' stepped in to prevent RM from putting the Club into Administration in November, (in a similar style to Ken Bates), to deliberately make RM's life difficult - supposedly due to dissatisfaction from past dealings with RM.

Well, if true, it might have seemed a good idea at the time but right now I would take Administration ahead of Extinction.

Apologies in advance to the 'Consortium' if this is unfounded but Elstree Blue, who has confirmed he knows one of the key members of the 'Consortium' well, has alluded to further announcements being made, so if they are sincere, why can't they disclose more ?

As one notable member of this Board has identified, right now 'the silence is deafening'.

For now I am going to blame it on the Sunshine.

But in all seriousness why would they pay over the top monies now to RM when maybe in a few weeks they can pick it all up for next to nothing.

I am not exonerating RM but I have heard it said that the 'Consortium' stepped in to prevent RM from putting the Club into Administration in November, (in a similar style to Ken Bates), to deliberately make RM's life difficult - supposedly due to dissatisfaction from past dealings with RM.

Well, if true, it might have seemed a good idea at the time but right now I would take Administration ahead of Extinction.

Apologies in advance to the 'Consortium' if this is unfounded but Elstree Blue, who has confirmed he knows one of the key members of the 'Consortium' well, has alluded to further announcements being made, so if they are sincere, why can't they disclose more ?

As one notable member of this Board has identified, right now 'the silence is deafening'.

Interesting, but how could they prevent RM putting us into Admin if that was his intention?

RE: Consortium

Ok so i may be looking at this in the wrong way, but if "The Consortium" are the massive fans they say they are will they be in court on Wednesday week ready to step in with a big cheque made out to HMRC should RM fail to come up with the (much promised) monies, or will they watch us fold as i fear could be the case

Interesting, but how could they prevent RM putting us into Admin if that was his intention?

What I heard, (and this is not one of my April Fools just for the sake of clarity) is that they made their interest known to HMRC before the hearing in November and said they would settle the tax bill direct to HMRC but would not pay it to RM. So HMRC then insisted on the debt being settled and RM had to scurry round and come up with the dosh.

Now this may be wide of the mark (and tony :)) but I am sure that Elstree can set the record straight if so.

Ok so i may be looking at this in the wrong way, but if "The Consortium" are the massive fans they say they are will they be in court on Wednesday week ready to step in with a big cheque made out to HMRC should RM fail to come up with the (much promised) monies, or will they watch us fold as i fear could be the case

Is it that simple ? If so it may explain the silence but some reassurance would still be welcome

The way I heard it was the 'Consortium' will put nothing into the club while RM was still anything to do with SUFC.

The way I heard it was the 'Consortium' will put nothing into the club while RM was still anything to do with SUFC.

Which is their prerogative of course ... but the way i see it if we don't pay £x to the HMRC on the 14th April then SUFC will cease to exist. end of. finito.

Hypothetical of course but if i had access to the sort of monies the consortium were alluding to i couldn't and wouldn't allow SUFC to just die, surely if HMRC are due money would it matter where it came from ??

Is it that simple ? If so it may explain the silence but some reassurance would still be welcome

Probably not, and hell yeah

Well Elstree is lurking and contibuting on another thread ( nearly said stoking the fire ) so perhaps he can enlighten us all. I don't care if it shows that I don't have a clue what I am talking about if he can make sense of this matter as there are a lot of worried people around right now.

Which is their prerogative of course ... but the way i see it if we don't pay £x to the HMRC on the 14th April then SUFC will cease to exist. end of. finito.

Hypothetical of course but if i had access to the sort of monies the consortium were alluding to i couldn't and wouldn't allow SUFC to just die, surely if HMRC are due money would it matter where it came from ??

I agree - if I had the cash I would be trying to do something and I'm fairly sure the tax man really wouldn't give a toss where the money came from or who was paying it. If someone owed you £400k would you care how it was paid back as long as it was on the due date?

well you can't blame it on the good times, there hasn't ****ing been any

Al

Errrr... I can remember a pretty damn good last 6 years, and I suspect strongly that had we not been promoted to the Championship one sunny day in Swansea, we wouldn't be in the mess we are. I might be pretty ****ed off and despondent now, but I'm going to treasure the Tilly Years for ever.

** Ignoring the bloody lyric posts rather than deleting them as i probably should **

As CC posted just now, can someone who knows shed any light on whether someone can stand up from the public benches waving a cheque saying "here's the money, don't wind up the club" ??

Well Elstree is lurking and contibuting on another thread ( nearly said stoking the fire ) so perhaps he can enlighten us all. I don't care if it shows that I don't have a clue what I am talking about if he can make sense of this matter as there are a lot of worried people around right now.

Exit stage left

Back