• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Should we stick with Phil Brown?

Should we keep Phil Brown as manager regardless of what division we're in?

• Total voters

FarmdogSUFC

The Custard Splat - Southend United Fan Podcast
Simple question really. Should we stick with Phil Brown for next season regardless of what division we're in if he's willing to stay?

I suspect we will as 6 games is not really enough time for him to have an impact. I guess Ron is just keeping his options open come end of the season. Can't afford more payouts.
Also depends on if Browns ego will allow him to manage a non league side :Smile:

Ron often goes on about stability and on the recent zoom meeting he again reiterated his desire for a stable management team.

My guess is, PB will be around for a while now

Finances will dictate, I think Brown loves being in football and limelight, and he doesnt care where he manages as long as he is involved in the game
Now whether he and Ron get along who knows, the last zoom meeting, I got the impression Ron blamed Phil for many things and backed MM, then we realise how much was Bull****.

Decent manager, nothing special, but considering where we are and where we may be in 7 weeks time, we could do far worse

PB is probably as good as we will get in our current situation. It is very unlikely that any other EFL club would employ him. His last job was with an obscure club in India. He is unlikely to find a job any better than the one he has here.

I think PB and Ron are a bit like an old married couple. They bicker but ultimately know each other walts and all. it worked for 5 years, both sides have not found the grass greener since, and so i would not be surprised to see PB here next year in whatever league. Would he manage another club in the NL almost certainly not.

Quite understandable that for now its to the end of the season. First, its the matter in hand and needs 100% focus. Two until we know what division we are playing in too much of the conversation can't take place in terms of staff, budgets, players etc.

I think it will depend how how much RM gives him to spend. One of the reasons we're where we are is because RM indulged PB last time with the likes of Cox, Kightly & so on. I can't see PB wanting to stick around if Ron tells him he'll have no money to spend.

I guess its known what we would all get from Phil Brown, some good some not so. If we are doing well in the conf & a (northern) Lg1 or 2 team were interested we all know he'll be off in a shot. Not sure how much he knows about the Conference & if he could attract the players needed at that level.

On a different thread the name Mark Cooper came up (promoted FGR & harshly given the boot) and he has some decent stats at conf level..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cooper_(footballer,_born_1968)

I think we'll have options whatever league we are in

Back