• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Should we stick with Phil Brown?

Should we keep Phil Brown as manager regardless of what division we're in?

• Total voters
As soon as the season starts out the players not good enough and keep the better ones and. Don't **** about about recruiting now not in 6 months. Chairman put your money in the pocket do it now

Changed my vote to keep. Don't think either of the MMs would have got this result today.

Our fitness levels were probably at there best ever under PB....you'll get a strong defence and midfield his only downside as a spectator is his protect a lead mentality instead of going after more goals .
Normally would say don't go back but in the NL could we do better... very unlikely .However would he want to manage at such a low level and will our reduced budget even allow it.
If only Ron had brought him in earlier I think we would have retained our league status.

I'll vote after the next two games, doesn't matter whether we go down in the decision making, want to see if Tuesday was a blip, or the blip was today.

What is important is that Ron either employs a CEO to create a reasonable, sustainable budget for Phil to work with, or sets it himself. No more overspending.

If he does this, I don't mind Phil staying.

It seems to me there is a real risk of fantasy getting in the way of reality with a result that time is wasted and we jeopardise next season.

I have kept out of all the threads relating to Stan. I have no doubt he has great passion for the club and his motives are good. But the distraction of believing the club ownership will change anytime soon is potentially as damaging as it is unreal for the reasons I have stated before (timing being the overwhelming factor).

This thread is the key one because the critical matter at hand and for now is the management team for next season. We are unlikely to attract Brendan Rogers, Klopp et al. Our available options will be limited, and existing NL managers are managing at that level for a reason. We can go again for the “young one for the future” but can we afford that risk or what whilst they become the one for now..

Probably the most likely way we will get a better manager than our league position and reputation deserves, is to find someone with an additional reason to be here.

Phil Brown without doubt won’t want to manage in the NL but will likely do so with us do to his history with the club and family connections to the area. Also he has promoted Ricky Duncan and Craig Fagan to his assistant manager and first team coach, further ensuring the involvement of people with a longer term connection to the club and who are well regarded.

This is the start point and as a NL club the real question is can we really find a better, more experienced, proven management team to take us forward both next year and hopefully back into L2?

And quickly? Not July, not August. We have to be planning to hit the ground running and getting next year right now. We need to be working on recruitment now.

For me I would keep the current team.
Well reasoned, Well argued and, in my view, correct

Back