• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barnard, possibly if his wages are realistic.
Eastwood, thanks for the memories Freddy, time to spend more time with your horses.

Sadly I can't see Fred making it as a coach. He's never been one for positional discipline and the fact that he couldn't see how his qualities would transfer into being a decent midfielder at Cov and Wolves mean I don't think it's for him.

I'd expect him to drop into the conference, where he'd be able to play and not have to train so intensely.

If Barney plays well in the next month then I'd definitely offer him a contract, he's fitness and form away from being a top striker at this level, and in L1.

Barney isn't fully match fit but is still quality at this level- and works very hard. If we don't take him without any doubt he will end up in L11 somewhere and it will be our loss

Barney isn't fully match fit but is still quality at this level- and works very hard. If we don't take him without any doubt he will end up in L11 somewhere and it will be our loss

League 11 is a long way down. I'm sure he can do better than that :winking:

Barney maybe, see how a partnership works out with a speedy guy over next few games
Freddy, no

I'd still keep Eastwood purely coz of his past. Pay as you play. Form is temporary, class is perminate. He is class.

I'd still keep Eastwood purely coz of his past. Pay as you play. Form is temporary, class is perminate. He is class.

On that basis - David Moyes will turn to Bobby Charlton and I look forward to seeing Diego Maradona with Messi in the Summer!

Where is the evidence since his return to back up your claim?

His full time pro career IMO is winding down and because of his dodgy knee I can see him either quitting or playing Ryman league somewhere.

Lets have some reality checks here. Our loanee forwards both won't be here next season. As long as we are not 451 there's definitely a squad need for Eastwood and I believe more goals in him subject to hunger and knee.

Fred's season so far.

Appearances 30 Goals 6

90 minute games 3

Total minutes available 2700
Actual minutes played 1203
Average minutes on pitch 40

Last 20 appearances Goals 1
90 minute games 0
Total minutes available 1800
Actual minutes played 390
Average minutes on pitch 17.5

3 year deal at least.

Fred's season so far.

Appearances 30 Goals 6

90 minute games 3

Total minutes available 2700
Actual minutes played 1203
Average minutes on pitch 40

Last 20 appearances Goals 1
90 minute games 0
Total minutes available 1800
Actual minutes played 390
Average minutes on pitch 17.5

3 year deal at least.
I dout the records of the other strikers in our squad are better so next season we should be looking to get someone in. This season we are in the play offs so should get off our players backs.

To be honest I only want them if Phil is seriously considering them to be our 1st choice strikeforce. If not I would rather we used their place to bring in someone else. Yes I know it's a gamble but unless we see a LOT if improvement I can't see the pair of them keeping us up if were to get promoted or leading a promotion attempt should we fail. All this talk of ,'glimpses of their old self' with no additional attributes is not enough for me
Should they continue to improve then maybe, but there are other fish in the sea.

I beleve holding on to freddy as a bit part player has its pluses I E against Torquay came on and scored and important goal .but as for Banard he haqsnt shown anything that a younger striker may bring next season .. If Barnard gets fitter and sharper during the summer maybe then look at it again .

Too big a question with too simple a Fred or Barney hook.
Too many other parts to this, squad size, what division, how much, who else, how long, true fitness & desire, unity of purpose etc.
I can't see further than us only keeping one of the pair but my guess would be Fred to stay on unusual deal.

Back