• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think Freddy will quit at the end of this season anyway, good shout for a coaching role if he is interested.

Not sure about Barney, he obviously has ability but also has a lack of blistering pace and still has not hit form. Tbh I didn't rate him so highly as others on SZ the 1st time he was here. If it were me though I would probably be looking for a replacement for BBC and find a fast hungry striker with possibly Barney as an impact sub.

If Freddy brings a good morale to the dressing room then this could be of benefit whether he plays or not! Keep him on, he will get a few goals as well!

If Freddy brings a good morale to the dressing room then this could be of benefit whether he plays or not! Keep him on, he will get a few goals as well!

Love your spirit,

Maybe the club can give Fred 1500 quid a week to entertain the players pre match then at half time then do a song and dance routine on the way home.

Fred's season so far.

Appearances 30 Goals 6

90 minute games 3

Total minutes available 2700
Actual minutes played 1203
Average minutes on pitch 40

Last 20 appearances Goals 1
90 minute games 0
Total minutes available 1800
Actual minutes played 390
Average minutes on pitch 17.5

3 year deal at least.

Or rather than represented in the most biased negative way 1593 minutes is equivalent to under 18 full games and his return of 6 goals pretty good. But that doesn't help your argument :-)
BTW I believe this may be better than any of the other strikers including that now well know Premiership striker Woodrow.

Agreed,

Fred's tap in deserves at least a 2 year deal:winking:

Actually it was a good finish- mainly because if you look at the video again a defender had thrown themselves in front of him and he needed the awareness to lift it over him into the roof of the net- a less experienced striker may well of had their shot blocked

Or rather than represented in the most biased negative way 1593 minutes is equivalent to under 18 full games and his return of 6 goals pretty good. But that doesn't help your argument :-)
BTW I believe this may be better than any of the other strikers including that now well know Premiership striker Woodrow.

Hence why I suggested a long term deal.

At least I hold an opinion and stick to it.
And state it over and over and over and over and etc. If you were being positive about something and trying various angles to get your positive vibe to be taken up by others that could be commendable. As it is the time and effort you invest in trying to convince everyone that our strikers are all crap must just make you miserable. Our strikers have not scored many, we have still managed to be in 6th position. Look on the bright side and embrace a bit of happiness - you'll feel much better for it.

Phil Brown, in his Echo column today, says that there is a clause in Fred's contract whereby an extra year can be activated so unfortunately, for some, this season may not be the end of his Southend career.

And state it over and over and over and over and etc. If you were being positive about something and trying various angles to get your positive vibe to be taken up by others that could be commendable. As it is the time and effort you invest in trying to convince everyone that our strikers are all crap must just make you miserable. Our strikers have not scored many, we have still managed to be in 6th position. Look on the bright side and embrace a bit of happiness - you'll feel much better for it.

Simple remedy,

Don't read it then,Why waste your time in replying.

I don't need to convince anybody of anything after all it's a forum that is all..Not life or death.

Back