• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

T
Or rather than represented in the most biased negative way 1593 minutes is equivalent to under 18 full games and his return of 6 goaals pretty good. But that doesn't help your argument :-)
BTW I believe this may be better than any of the other strikers including that now well know Premiership striker Woodrow.
you are double counting. Mrs Blues states show that Freddies time on pitch is the equivalent of 13.33 games. He has scored 6 and so has a 1 in 2.2 conversion rate which is brilliant. Some would say that's the equivalent of a 20 goals a season player. Unfortunately the stats also show how little game time he has had for various reasons including being injured and not fit which makes 20 a season or anything like it impossible

I would see how Barney finishes the season. Freddy I say no. Yes he got a tap in last week, and yes he started the season really well looking a bit like his old self. But is another long lay off waiting to happen. He hasn't been scoring since the long lay off, and not even looked like scoring. So I think we can do better for next season.

I would see how Barney finishes the season. Freddy I say no. Yes he got a tap in last week, and yes he started the season really well looking a bit like his old self. But is another long lay off waiting to happen. He hasn't been scoring since the long lay off, and not even looked like scoring. So I think we can do better for next season.

But he did on Saturday, I take it that doesn't count?

But he did on Saturday, I take it that doesn't count?
I started my mentioning that goal.
Go back to the games that Freddy started before Loza arrived, you will see we couldn't win a game and most comments were we were no threat in front of goal. That was not just because of Freddy I know, but we are discussing Freddy.

I started my mentioning that goal.
Go back to the games that Freddy started before Loza arrived, you will see we couldn't win a game and most comments were we were no threat in front of goal. That was not just because of Freddy I know, but we are discussing Freddy.

I appreciate that we're talking about Eastwood but, to be fair to him, how many of those 12 games before Oxford did Eastwood have any significant game time? Off the top of my head I'm thinking four?

I think we should keep Freddy on a pay as you play deal, dont think he'll find a club that can afford his wages. And sign barney on a deal, with a good pre-season i think he could come up with a few goals next season.

I think everything will depend on what league we are in next season and how we get there. If we go up in the play-offs I think both will be offered new deals as we wil be a couple of weeks behind everyone else in recruitment.

I think everything will depend on what league we are in next season and how we get there. If we go up in the play-offs I think both will be offered new deals as we wil be a couple of weeks behind everyone else in recruitment.

Don't you mean when! :hello:

I will help them both pack their bags, it is young hungry players we need.

No to Barnard, and (breaks my heart to say it), no to Freddy.

Out with the old, in with the new. We should be building a good younger squad who will improve as we hopefully move up the leagues. Players like Bentley, Sokolik, Egan, Coker and Leonard are the ones that will take us forward.

Barnard yes - give him a full season

Eastwood no - he's finished.
Disagree: other way round.
Sure, Freddy's not the force he was, but he's the only one that can trap a ball, and the feelgood factor he brings is worthwhile, even as a sub.
Barnard doesn't look as if he will score from open play, and if we were by some stroke of luck to go up, he would flounder in League One based on his current showing

Sure, Freddy's not the force he was, but he's the only one that can trap a ball, and the feelgood factor he brings is worthwhile, even as a sub.
Barnard doesn't look as if he will score from open play, and if we were by some stroke of luck to go up, he would flounder in League One based on his current showing

The amount of times his first touch has been poor this season is woeful

What's this 'feel good factor'?

When Freddy comes on these days, I see about 50 people going yeah, rahhhh, what a good sub (these people stuck in a time/space continuum trap), while most people shake their heads and tut, thinking it's an uncreative use of a substitution

Neither will be here next season. Freddy has contributed in parts since re-signing but overall has been a disappointment. Barney has been a virtual passenger in every game since he has come back.

If this club offered them new deals not only would it be stupid but a complete waste of money!.Neither player has looked comfortable whilst sadly IMO they both look over the hill.

We need new blood.

What's this 'feel good factor'?

When Freddy comes on these days, I see about 50 people going yeah, rahhhh, what a good sub (these people stuck in a time/space continuum trap), while most people shake their heads and tut, thinking it's an uncreative use of a substitution

So most wanted a point against Torquay and Burton then instead of wins :eek:

Back