• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sillyshrimper

Mascot
Barnard is only due to be on loan until the end of the season and Eastwood's two-year contract will also have expired. Neither have had as much success in their second spells, so is it worth trying to keep them on, taking into account cost as well as their value to the team?

Barnard yes,if he is keen and fit, Eastwood if he could stay injury free i would say yes ,but therein lays the dilemma ,staying injury free and also does he have that want in him anymore.Both been great servants to our club,but how far can the clubs loyalty go.

Sad to admit it but I think Freddy is a cert to leave at the end of the season. Think he is our highest earner at the club even taking into account Leonard and Hurst's new deals. Just not fit enough anymore and with his dodgy knee reckon he might retire. Would give Barnard a few more games now that he's got his first goal but doubt we'll be able to afford his wages if he does rediscover his form

Barnard just needs a decent preseason ,which he didnt get this season and i believe he will regain his touch again.Its a big thing in a persons preparation that preseason, a good preseason can set a person up for a terrific season.

Barnard just needs a decent preseason ,which he didnt get this season and i believe he will regain his touch again.Its a big thing in a persons preparation that preseason, a good preseason can set a person up for a terrific season.

I'm sure the fact that he hadn't had a game for months didn't exactly help matters...

Its a difficult one, I am a big Eastwood fan but I really thing Freds career is over. Barnard maybe has a future in the game, maybe with us , or someone else. We will see, nothing would give me greater pleasure than Fred to prove me wrong, but somehow I don't think so.

Barney has had one good game, and the whole team had a good game. Fred hasn't had the opportunity to play in the recent good team yet. I'd love the both to come good but we haven't seen anything yet that allows clear judgement.

No we shouldnt........freddy is a real deal 100% sufc legend only stan collymore comes close imo as best striker we have ever had...david crown comes close.
Barney was an excellent player for us in his first spell.
Both however should not be persued for next season.

Love them both, but at the moment then no I wouldn't keep either as I can't imagine that either come cheap and the return from both so far .......and I stress so far has not been fantastic.

However, if both or one of them starts delivering on a regular basis then subject to promotion the answer could be different.

wow, that's a politicians answer for you!

Barnard yes - give him a full season

Eastwood no - he's finished.

As has been mooted before, Eastwood on a pay as you play deal, with some coaching work as a sideline. Barney, well, I think he still has a bit to prove but hopefully, Monday's performance will mean he gets more game time so it's up to him. If we do offer, it will be on hugely lower wages than what he's been on, so it's up to him really.

Sadly time come for every player that are injury prone to call it a day . Now like many on hear I was a eastwood lover but I feel the time may have come for to stand down and let the young guns have a go .Some like Giggs play on untill there 40th year but very few do . .So I say come on fred take a bow at the end of the season .

As has been mooted before, Eastwood on a pay as you play deal, with some coaching work as a sideline. Barney, well, I think he still has a bit to prove but hopefully, Monday's performance will mean he gets more game time so it's up to him. If we do offer, it will be on hugely lower wages than what he's been on, so it's up to him really.

This, another sensible post.
I have wondered for the last few games if Fred has a roll over clause in his contract that would be triggered if he plays, hence Barney having a priority?

Fred not for me he was fantastic here but those heady days are long gone..Shame.

Lee I would give him pay as you play deal assuming the remainder of this season he performs.

If either of them can play regular games then yes to both.

Sadly Freddy doesnt seem to qualify, as much as Id like to see him here next season I cant see it. He came back this season very fit and looking good yet only lasted a month or so then broke down. He isn't going to get any fitter now.

I don't see any reason Barnard couldn't be a decent player for us next year though.

I think the next seven games will show if Barnard should stay.
Freddy? Been here best part of two years and contributed very little. I cannot see how anyone could give him any more time. Sadly.

As has been mooted before, Eastwood on a pay as you play deal, with some coaching work as a sideline.

Good idea if Freddy has the relevant qualifications to coach.

For me, it's entirely up to Eastwood & Barnard. They have the ability, it's simply a question of desire and fitness.

Back