• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Show boating and time wasting

Barry.C

Manager⭐⭐
Something of a furore breaking out about Antony's showboating for Man Utd. You can see it on you tube etc.

Personally I really enjoyed it, looks good fun and skilful

But lots of Commentators on the box at present whinging on about how disrespectful it is and how he needs to grow up and be taught a lesson !!

I would sooner see them come out strongly against TIME WASTING. I cant strand the way this is developing.I would like to see much stiffer, severe penalties brought in fot it

And yet here we are with Commentators lamenting a footballer showing off some tasty ball skills on the pitch, whilst not a word about Goalkeepers who catch a ball with no one near them and have to fall to the ground to waste more time ! aaaaaaarrrggghhh !!

What do you think?

Attack show boating or savage time wasting?

Something of a furore breaking out about Antony's showboating for Man Utd. You can see it on you tube etc.

Personally I really enjoyed it, looks good fun and skilful

But lots of Commentators on the box at present whinging on about how disrespectful it is and how he needs to grow up and be taught a lesson !!

I would sooner see them come out strongly against TIME WASTING. I cant strand the way this is developing.I would like to see much stiffer, severe penalties brought in fot it

And yet here we are with Commentators lamenting a footballer showing off some tasty ball skills on the pitch, whilst not a word about Goalkeepers who catch a ball with no one near them and have to fall to the ground to waste more time ! aaaaaaarrrggghhh !!

What do you think?

Attack show boating or savage time wasting?

From the crowds perspective a bit of showboating is entertaining whereas time wasting is not.

I guess the showboating could be seen as a bit disrespectful to the opposition players.

Of the 2 I'd be harsher on the time wasting - that needs the existing rules being enforced. Show boating opposition players can stop.

I agree. I would like to see a yellow card for a keeper flopping to the deck having caught the ball with barely anyone around, It looks ridiculous and is akin to diving

Just think when I was young you could smash a keeper into the back of the net, exaggeration for effect, not necessarily a good thing, now they are allowed to be prima donoughts !!

I’m relaxed about it but only as I’m also relaxed about what comes after. If referees turn a blind eye to the ensuing three-footed tackles that deal with it, it evens itself out and even adds to the spectacle of game.

On those terms, I see it as better than the time wasting but I’m comfortable with players seeing blatant ****-takery as a question deserving of an “answer”.

Yes fair points,

The spectacle of the game needs resuscitating

Weve seen severe time wasting at Roots Hall begin in the second half

Perhaps we need a blue card , 5 minutes gets added on the moment it starts

I remember the exact same media were slagging off Ronaldo as an 18-year-old at Utd. doing his step overs and showboating.
'He will never make it in the game'
'Who does he think he is'

Yep, that went well, as usual our tabloid press love to knock any semblance of talent we see in this country, lets knock a young lad for trying to entertain the fans.... It really grates me how they have blown it out of proportion, maybe if his pass had resulted in a goal it would have been different? Maybe Robbie savage is just jealous as he could never do that .

I’m relaxed about it but only as I’m also relaxed about what comes after. If referees turn a blind eye to the ensuing three-footed tackles that deal with it, it evens itself out and even adds to the spectacle of game.

Were Col Ewe playing? :Smile:

As I am paying to be entertained I would prefer to see the ball on the pitch for more than half an hour

Also seeing some of the blatant worse clips of rolling around holding your face, when you have been tapped on the knee, kind of thing, I would like to see a retrospective, RED card issued and the player banned for 3 months. and a blue card issued to the Manager as a warning .3 blue cards and a fine or points drop. ?That might stop another form of appalling cheating and time wasting

Back