• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Show boating momemts yesterday

Tin Bath

First XI
Lower league football is more often than not about blood, guts, passion and desire but i had to comment of 2 moments of "a la premier league quality skill" yesterday. Of course besides the win I had real joy watching Laurents double turning drag back in the first half and Jef's flick on the by line in the second half to beat his opponent, not seem too many pieces of skill this year at RH.

Grants spin as well. Laurent and Jeff were good too. I thinks it's show boating moments not showing boating momemts

Another great boating moment......

boat.jpg

Jeffs bit of skill in the second half in the corner, was one of the best bits of skill I have seen at the hall, if Ronaldo had done that everyone would have been amazed by it.

Didn't see Jeff's flick as I was right down the other end. There was a couple of nice tricks from Laurent in the first half and Grant's nice turn in the second.

Jeffs bit of skill in the second half in the corner, was one of the best bits of skill I have seen at the hall, if Ronaldo had done that everyone would have been amazed by it.

I had a good view of it from the South Upper and I still can't work out what he did. He had knowhere to go and he flicks his feet and he's past the defender, amazing bit of skill and gutted they didn't show it on The Championship show so I could slo-mo it, to work it out.

Then he scores a cracking goal for good measure.

JFC's piece of trickery was absolutely jaw-dropping. I swear the South Upper turned into the Bee Gees for a split-second, such was the falsetto-style exclamation. It was the sort of skill that ITV would masturbate over for hours had it been Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. Terrific stuff and a great goal from him at the end as well.

JFC's piece of trickery was absolutely jaw-dropping. I swear the South Upper turned into the Bee Gees for a split-second, such was the falsetto-style exclamation. It was the sort of skill that ITV would masturbate over for hours had it been Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. Terrific stuff and a great goal from him at the end as well.

Unfortunately, no one in tv sport really thinks football exists outside of the PL & CL.

Remember that Walcott run from box tox in the CL last season. It was the same night as Gower's box to box run (against leeds?), but he scored, unlike Walcott, and not a peep about it on the telly.

That piece of sublime skill from Jeff on the byeline was worth the price of the ticket itself.

Shame it was not topped off by Dorian scoring from the pass by Jeff as that would have been some French Connection.

Unfortunately, no one in tv sport really thinks football exists outside of the PL & CL.

Remember that Walcott run from box tox in the CL last season. It was the same night as Gower's box to box run (against leeds?), but he scored, unlike Walcott, and not a peep about it on the telly.

It was against Brighton. It was the same game that Clarkey backheeled to Barrett in the penalty area for the captain to smash home n put us 2 up. The first time I've ever seen a Southend player on Soccer Am's showboat and the game wasn't even televised!

Still no highlights on the OS, I'm frothing at the gash to see JFC's showboat!

Back