• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chris wood

Youth Team
Ok fed up with all the bad points surrounding the club as much as anyone else but why cant we try and enjoy ourselves tomorrow against Chesterfield.
Forget what is buggin you about the club for 90 mins, lets all come together clap, shout , or stamp your feet (for you in the East lol) lets do our bit to support the team tomorrow.
Ill be in the West in W block we always try to sing so if you cant do it in your usual seat here is an invite...
Southend V Chesterfield come and join in
Weat Stand W Block
plenty of spare seats get together make some noise
*************************************************​
You never know we might surprise ouselves and repeat the noise that we are capable of at the hall as shown when that Seagull landed on Monday!!!

You may also improve the teams performance.. It will keep you warm... Whilst burning some calories along the way!

So join us or try and get people singing where you sit the knock on effect may just get the Hall rocking again.

i sit in the east stand all those who used to start chants over here now joined you lads in the W block...

Send them Back :-)

Well said Chris. It's a time for leaders in the stands. Whatever block your in show some pride, stand up and sing loud and proud. If you don't like the atmosphere. Then do something about it. Don't expect others to do it for you.

its harder than you think smithy i sit in block t and despite not being far away from tbv if i ever join in with a song i seem to be the only one.
also i can sometimes even hear the family stand sing more than block t :(

sad to say it but it the atmosphere will not change until one thing happens - we are at, or near, the top of the table. Too much apathy about.........

Dont agree with post No8
Apathy will only encourage more apathy
Make out your a quality player in a poor side go on put yourself there...everyone around you is giving up left rite and center how good would it make you feel if you was the one responsable for the turn around in your teams performance by putting that extra effort in a bid to turn things around...then you make it happen and everyone remembers that it was you that started your sides recovery.
Now back to reality and as a supporter YOU have the chance to do the one thing we have a possibility of doing...simple answer is get behind the team it could make all the difference and US fans might be just like that player in the poor side and get things going again.
If it still fails then like the player previously spoken about at least you can sit back and say ive done my bit!
Think about it...I KNow it works from being that player that manager and now it will work as being one of US fans that can change things!!!
Forget negativity think positive start tomorrow!

Make out your a quality player in a poor side go on put yourself there - I am! along with the centre midfielder........

come on you lions......

i sit in the east stand all those who used to start chants over here now joined you lads in the W block...

Send them Back :-)

I was astonished that loads of "supporters" near me in the East Reds didn't even bother to applaud(or cheer) after we'd scored on Monday.I know it was late on in the match but there was still time to get something out of the game.

I was astonished that loads of "supporters" near me in the East Reds didn't even bother to applaud(or cheer) after we'd scored on Monday.I know it was late on in the match but there was still time to get something out of the game.

the reason for that is most fans that sit their are well into their 60"s and cant get back out of them old red wooden seats, i sit in the east stand blue and just coz their plastic they are a little more comfy but even some poor little chap lent back on his chair in the yellows and the seat snapped in half coz the so old, it also happened to me a couple of years ago, does make you jump ha ha.

Bar one or two pillocks I thought that the support was relatively good. We got behind the team and encouraged them. To finally lose 3-2 against the top of the league isn't that bad is it? We can do better, the players know that, keep supporting and we might just see it.

Perhaps we could dust off the flags that were made in the last few years & wave them when the players come out. It would certainly give them a lift!

Back