• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Crewe vs SUFC - 6 HOURS TO CREWE

Apologies for the lateness of this report, unfortunately my laptop decided to pack up at the most inconvenient time possible. There may be bits missed out because I have forgotten some details but here’s the report anyway as per usual (albeit a little late) of another action packed Showaddywaddy classic day out.

As I woke up to my alarm playing ’the moon of love’ tune, there was an instant relief, it wasn’t my turn to drive! For only the second time since our foundation, some one else was going to drive. Knowing this, I had taken full advantage of getting ’slightly’ drunk on the night out before, and I relaxed into Scott’s leather back seat at 7.45 at the petrol station. Already Scott had picked up Jiggens and by 8.15 we had our fourth member of the day, namely Ian the Girth! Just after 8.30 we entered onto the slip lane for the Basildon MacDonalds, with the warmth of the sun shining through the windows, and as steam was gracefully coming from the car’s bonnet we parked up… yes that’s right folks, you did read right, steam was coming from the bonnet and ..r inspection there was a definite problem. In mechanical terms Scott’s car was broke!

Disaster already, with Ian’s car in for it’s MOT that day, and Jiggens inability of having a pink driving licence, the day hinged on me being sober enough; getting a taxi back to Rayleigh to get my car; and being the driver to take us to Crewe. As any responsible adult would do… that’s exactly what I did and in half’n’hours time I’d picked up my car, and picked up the other three with a case of beers (yes Scott was already arranging on getting drunk, the whole car breaking down is suspicious I know!) and we started on our onward journey already thinking it was going to be one of ’those’ days!

Now tradition on our trips have always been to have a stop at the services on the outward and return journeys and today was going to be no different. In the past, the group as a whole have been very successful in winning money… however today wasn’t going to be. Just as Scott was about to get the tenner which would make it a nice round £200 he had wasted in the Holy Grail machine, success! At last! He was on the board with the jackpot at stake. In his state of euphoria he seemingly humped the machine with a fit of shouting! Only to set off the alarm and the machine to close down! His face was priceless! In 5 seconds flat his face had turned from ecstasy to pain and anguish! Hilarious stuff for any onlookers however! I should also mention the £80 Jiggens had initially won on the neighbouring machine; he was £20 down as we left the services over an hour after arriving! So far the worst possible start for the TrueBlue!

As we neared our destination the TomTom then played a significant part of the latter stages of the journey there, as it took us off a Junction early (we know that now!) and instead took us along single farm lanes. Having finally all agreed that this can’t be the way to Gresty Road, we re-entered the location and found that the original destination that we were heading to was wrong! Cheers Girth! Finally just before 2pm we pulled upside the ground! Indeed it would have been quicker to go to Carlisle!

And finally to the game! Personally I thought it was our day to lose our unbeaten run, and the disaster of the journey only confirmed this feeling for me, how wrong I could be! By half time, the Blues had put in an excellent display against a lacklustre Crewe side. Barnard and Walker fired the Blues into a 2-0 lead with Flav’s keeping out a Crewe penalty. Highlight of the first half was undoubtedly the 30-40 passing move the Blues conjured up, with Barnard forcing a brilliant save from the Crewe keeper. Another Highlight of the day was the support, yes the early goal settled any nerves but the whole of the Blues support that day I thought was excellent, and long may it continue into the playoffs (touching wood).

The second half in typical Southend style was a bit of let down in relative to the first. Crewe got back into the game more and more, and was awarded a second penalty. In bewilderment, we watched for the second time that afternoon, Darryl make another excellent save. A huge sigh of relief until 5 minutes later when we did concede from yes you guessed, a set piece! With Girthy’s double bet of 5-0 Blues win and the horse he had chosen in the national gone, the thoughts of ’here we go again, making life difficult for ourselves’ were wiped clear, as brilliant play from Walker set up Barnard for his second of the day. All in all, a brilliant away performance, valuable 3 points and a great atmosphere. Well worth the trip? (It’s a rhetorical question).

Fortunately the journey home was not as action packed as the way home. I can’t remember a lot of the detail, and if it wasn’t for the fact that I am rushing this to get it done before tonight’s game, I would ask for more details. Scott and Jiggens lost more money (if that’s possible!) while Girth sneakily won 30 odd quid, which just rubbed salt into the wound for Scott, apart from the game he had had a pretty miserable day!

By 9pm I was back in Rayleigh after dropping everyone off, for everyone it had been an eventful day. For me sobering up sharpish to drive; for Girthy winning his little winnings, for Jiggens losing a pretty substantial amount of money and Scott who had... well everything went wrong for him!

Only a day out at football with the Showaddywaddy Crew would produce this!

So here’s to the next adventure! Up the Blues!

Excellent report TB, i did see you at services on the way home

Crewe vs SUFC - 6 HOURS TO CREWE

Apologies for the lateness of this report, unfortunately my laptop decided to pack up at the most inconvenient time possible. There may be bits missed out because I have forgotten some details but here’s the report anyway as per usual (albeit a little late) of another action packed Showaddywaddy classic day out.

As I woke up to my alarm playing ’the moon of love’ tune, there was an instant relief, it wasn’t my turn to drive! For only the second time since our foundation, some one else was going to drive. Knowing this, I had taken full advantage of getting ’slightly’ drunk on the night out before, and I relaxed into Scott’s leather back seat at 7.45 at the petrol station. Already Scott had picked up Jiggens and by 8.15 we had our fourth member of the day, namely Ian the Girth! Just after 8.30 we entered onto the slip lane for the Basildon MacDonalds, with the warmth of the sun shining through the windows, and as steam was gracefully coming from the car’s bonnet we parked up… yes that’s right folks, you did read right, steam was coming from the bonnet and ..r inspection there was a definite problem. In mechanical terms Scott’s car was broke!

Disaster already, with Ian’s car in for it’s MOT that day, and Jiggens inability of having a pink driving licence, the day hinged on me being sober enough; getting a taxi back to Rayleigh to get my car; and being the driver to take us to Crewe. As any responsible adult would do… that’s exactly what I did and in half’n’hours time I’d picked up my car, and picked up the other three with a case of beers (yes Scott was already arranging on getting drunk, the whole car breaking down is suspicious I know!) and we started on our onward journey already thinking it was going to be one of ’those’ days!

Now tradition on our trips have always been to have a stop at the services on the outward and return journeys and today was going to be no different. In the past, the group as a whole have been very successful in winning money… however today wasn’t going to be. Just as Scott was about to get the tenner which would make it a nice round £200 he had wasted in the Holy Grail machine, success! At last! He was on the board with the jackpot at stake. In his state of euphoria he seemingly humped the machine with a fit of shouting! Only to set off the alarm and the machine to close down! His face was priceless! In 5 seconds flat his face had turned from ecstasy to pain and anguish! Hilarious stuff for any onlookers however! I should also mention the £80 Jiggens had initially won on the neighbouring machine; he was £20 down as we left the services over an hour after arriving! So far the worst possible start for the TrueBlue!

As we neared our destination the TomTom then played a significant part of the latter stages of the journey there, as it took us off a Junction early (we know that now!) and instead took us along single farm lanes. Having finally all agreed that this can’t be the way to Gresty Road, we re-entered the location and found that the original destination that we were heading to was wrong! Cheers Girth! Finally just before 2pm we pulled upside the ground! Indeed it would have been quicker to go to Carlisle!

And finally to the game! Personally I thought it was our day to lose our unbeaten run, and the disaster of the journey only confirmed this feeling for me, how wrong I could be! By half time, the Blues had put in an excellent display against a lacklustre Crewe side. Barnard and Walker fired the Blues into a 2-0 lead with Flav’s keeping out a Crewe penalty. Highlight of the first half was undoubtedly the 30-40 passing move the Blues conjured up, with Barnard forcing a brilliant save from the Crewe keeper. Another Highlight of the day was the support, yes the early goal settled any nerves but the whole of the Blues support that day I thought was excellent, and long may it continue into the playoffs (touching wood).

The second half in typical Southend style was a bit of let down in relative to the first. Crewe got back into the game more and more, and was awarded a second penalty. In bewilderment, we watched for the second time that afternoon, Darryl make another excellent save. A huge sigh of relief until 5 minutes later when we did concede from yes you guessed, a set piece! With Girthy’s double bet of 5-0 Blues win and the horse he had chosen in the national gone, the thoughts of ’here we go again, making life difficult for ourselves’ were wiped clear, as brilliant play from Walker set up Barnard for his second of the day. All in all, a brilliant away performance, valuable 3 points and a great atmosphere. Well worth the trip? (It’s a rhetorical question).

Fortunately the journey home was not as action packed as the way home. I can’t remember a lot of the detail, and if it wasn’t for the fact that I am rushing this to get it done before tonight’s game, I would ask for more details. Scott and Jiggens lost more money (if that’s possible!) while Girth sneakily won 30 odd quid, which just rubbed salt into the wound for Scott, apart from the game he had had a pretty miserable day!

By 9pm I was back in Rayleigh after dropping everyone off, for everyone it had been an eventful day. For me sobering up sharpish to drive; for Girthy winning his little winnings, for Jiggens losing a pretty substantial amount of money and Scott who had... well everything went wrong for him!

Only a day out at football with the Showaddywaddy Crew would produce this!

So here’s to the next adventure! Up the Blues!

craig, as always a great report. i have just wet myself reading it !
heres to our next away day...with scott finially driving :clap:

cheers Girthy! was a funny day, for us that is!

im just about to embark for the trip to Glasgow to watch the mighty Dons... so i expect text reports from Roots Hall to keep me updated and also start a 'sing up, sing up' for me on Saturday please Girthy!

'We're the East Stand, we're older than you!' :cricko:

Back