• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Showing disrespect

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there a majority backing Ron Martin here? If you post an anti Ron sentiment does that make you a troll?

Truth is Ron does not have a high approval rating amongst fans. Stan, on the other hand most certainly does - 90% +++. But that doesn’t mean there are not those who are dubious or would just prefer to reserve judgement.

So if anyone chooses to challenge Stan’s Ideas and decisions here they should be free to do so (providing they refrain from personal comments).

SVC does not need to be surrounded by a human shield. He is MORE than capable of meeting any challenge posted here and has done so many times already to great affect IMO.

Agree. But hes been in the job for 5 minutes.

I think some people think its easy to just get rid of half a squad "tear the contracts up".

And just as easy to then arrange and negotiate new deals and contracts and all the logistics and paperwork required to get new players signed permanently or on loan.

Let alone the time it takes to actually properly scout and identify players that are really going to improve things, mid season with all the budget already wasted on bad players....

Its november, not february. Lets see what these guys can do. And if it goes tits up ron can always call Harry and find another name to give a big contract too with a big backroom staff who will sign crap players on 2 year contracts again. That always works well ?

So is there a majority backing Ron Martin here? If you post an anti Ron sentiment does that make you a troll?

Truth is Ron does not have a high approval rating amongst fans. Stan, on the other hand most certainly does - 90% +++. But that doesn’t mean there are not those who are dubious or would just prefer to reserve judgement.

So if anyone chooses to challenge Stan’s Ideas and decisions here they should be free to do so (providing they refrain from personal comments).

SVC does not need to be surrounded by a human shield. He is MORE than capable of meeting any challenge posted here and has done so many times already to great affect IMO.
Correct!

If you see something you feel needs to be brought to our attention, then report it, and we’ll deal with it.
Thank you and I will report them for you, I run an Facebook group and it’s not easy to monitor unless I get an report.

I think you’d be surprised quite how many posters are placed on moderated posting/banned on a regular basis. That’s in addition to the usual work of deleting posts from reasonable users who have crossed a line on a one-off occasion.

Drawing a line between having a different point of view and being a troll is tougher than it looks from the sidelines. We can’t ban anyone for having a critical view, but that’s why this forum exists to debate topics. If we did ban everyone with a controversial opinion, it’d be pretty dull.

Trolls, people who insult and offend, etc. are banned or placed on moderated until they behave and that’s why every new post is seen and read by a moderator on the same day it’s posted. If someone has remained on the forum it’s usually for a reason, and that may well have been after a debate between the mods as to what action is or isn’t needed.

It’s great having Stan on here and more communication from the club, but I’m sure they’re not expecting 100% of people to agree with everything they say and that’s not our role. For what it’s worth, I’d say some of Stan’s most insightful stuff has been responding to criticisms and backing up what he’s saying. If people cross the line and insult or are disrespectful, that’s when we act, but not simply for voicing concern/criticism as long as it’s respectful.

And as others have said, most visiting fans are reasonable people looking to have a chat about our club or share experiences from their club. When there has been the odd troll they’ve usually lasted less than 5 minutes.
Wot he said!!

I think you’d be surprised quite how many posters are placed on moderated posting/banned on a regular basis. That’s in addition to the usual work of deleting posts from reasonable users who have crossed a line on a one-off occasion.

Drawing a line between having a different point of view and being a troll is tougher than it looks from the sidelines. We can’t ban anyone for having a critical view, but that’s why this forum exists to debate topics. If we did ban everyone with a controversial opinion, it’d be pretty dull.

Trolls, people who insult and offend, etc. are banned or placed on moderated until they behave and that’s why every new post is seen and read by a moderator on the same day it’s posted. If someone has remained on the forum it’s usually for a reason, and that may well have been after a debate between the mods as to what action is or isn’t needed.

It’s great having Stan on here and more communication from the club, but I’m sure they’re not expecting 100% of people to agree with everything they say and that’s not our role. For what it’s worth, I’d say some of Stan’s most insightful stuff has been responding to criticisms and backing up what he’s saying. If people cross the line and insult or are disrespectful, that’s when we act, but not simply for voicing concern/criticism as long as it’s respectful.

And as others have said, most visiting fans are reasonable people looking to have a chat about our club or share experiences from their club. When there has been the odd troll they’ve usually lasted less than 5 minutes.
In terms of this bit, the only thing I’d add is that where the same 4 or 5 posters constantly hijack threads to voice concern or criticism over and over and over again then we also take action.

Very well put. I think if we refrain from personal comments and anything that is unfounded then everyone is open to criticism.

Personally I have to say I think 'respect' is an overworked word. The whole point about 'respect' is that it has to be freely given and cannot be demanded. It is the gift of the person giving it.
Of course we should also be polite and good manners demands we do not abuse each other on a forum such as this. That is a reasonable demand and expectation.
I will always endeavour to be polite as a matter of course. But respect? That has to be earned.

After reading Stans comments about being disrespected, I know how difficult it is a for all true blues supporters ,we love our club and want it to be successful. These past 3 seasons have been dreadful for all of us ,loss after loss, when we win its like a feeling of our club just winning the FA cup ,our week is full of happiness, alas they have been few and far between, .We wake of a morning to review and read the threads in the match report full of hope ,but only at present to be let down , we then and im guilty of this also post threads without doing due diligence and thinking it over ,sometimes they can be disrespectful towards the management .I hope that maybe they can understand this and know it wasnt my intent and hopefully the intent of others , if at anytime i have been disrespectful toward management i sincerely apologise to them and god willing any other supporters who have will have the guts to say so and too apologise . , I know that in time and it will take time this team ( kev and co ) will turn around our fortunes and the time will come when once again we will be SOUTHEND UNITED ,NOT JUST ON THE FIELD BUT IN THE STANDS AND ON HERE .
Much respect to your post mate.

This is the same line which needs to be drawn as in all walks of life. Disagreements are fine as are strong dissenting views; in fact they should be encouraged on a forum and that shouldn't be silenced by the majority. The line which shouldn't be crossed are personal comments about individuals.

This is the same line which needs to be drawn as in all walks of life. Disagreements are fine as are strong dissenting views; in fact they should be encouraged on a forum and that shouldn't be silenced by the majority. The line which shouldn't be crossed are personal comments about individuals.
Absolutely agree 100% with that!

Truth is Ron does not have a high approval rating amongst fans. Stan, on the other hand most certainly does - 90% +++. But

Yes agree, but Stanley has suffered from mental health issues In the past.
MH, is not like a cut or a gaze, once its healed it has gone.
No, it always there, some days, week's, months, are better than others. I can just see in here, some of his post that defending his postion on certain matters.
Everyone that gets commented about on here all takes the comments to heart, so maybe when we have a pop about who ever, then you could be really fcukin up there day.

But then again, I could be wrong.
Everyone is different.

Yes agree, but Stanley has suffered from mental health issues In the past.
MH, is not like a cut or a gaze, once its healed it has gone.
No, it always there, some days, week's, months, are better than others. I can just see in here, some of his post that defending his postion on certain matters.
Everyone that gets commented about on here all takes the comments to heart, so maybe when we have a pop about who ever, then you could be really fcukin up there day.

But then again, I could be wrong.
Everyone is different.
Well this is where I will support Stan. If he has suffered in the past from MH it shouldn't be used against him now.
I want him to do well for us, I just felt there could possibly better suited candidates for the role.

I've not been on here over the weekend but I've seen lots of comments from Stan and about Stan. I'm sorry but ultimately whether you support him or not he simply cannot keep getting the hump every time someone says anything or disagrees with him. Remember he has a lot of history with blocking or calling out someone for so much as asking him a question he doesn't like.

This type of emotional attitude just really worries me and as nice as it is to have him communicating with us, if he can't take the good with the bad then perhaps shrimperzone isn't the place for him as it's a place for opinions and discussions, your never going to get 100% of people agreeing with you. Rightly or wrongly, seeing a person in his position calling out fans isn't great, Ron was slandered for doing it so why is it ok for Stan? He's done it arguably drastically more often than Ron ever has in a very short space of time. For the record I can't stand Ron, so I'm not defending him.

Also for the record, my only concern with Stan from day 1 was that his was off board as quick as he was off board first time round when he saw the slightest negative post about him. I've always said that we need stability, not someone having rows with fans on shrimperzone.

I hope there's as much work going on in the background as he states, I have no reason to not believe him BUT ultimately we need players NOW. Actually we needed players weeks ago. I understand he'll say that the clubs needs time to find the right players etc, that would be fine if he didn't go on and on about how he had players ready and waiting to go immediately. You can't say things like that and then wonder why a number of weeks later people are questioning you, surely its just common sense, surely?

I've not been on here over the weekend but I've seen lots of comments from Stan and about Stan. I'm sorry but ultimately whether you support him or not he simply cannot keep getting the hump every time someone says anything or disagrees with him. Remember he has a lot of history with blocking or calling out someone for so much as asking him a question he doesn't like.

This type of emotional attitude just really worries me and as nice as it is to have him communicating with us, if he can't take the good with the bad then perhaps shrimperzone isn't the place for him as it's a place for opinions and discussions, your never going to get 100% of people agreeing with you. Rightly or wrongly, seeing a person in his position calling out fans isn't great, Ron was slandered for doing it so why is it ok for Stan? He's done it arguably drastically more often than Ron ever has in a very short space of time. For the record I can't stand Ron, so I'm not defending him.

Also for the record, my only concern with Stan from day 1 was that his was off board as quick as he was off board first time round when he saw the slightest negative post about him. I've always said that we need stability, not someone having rows with fans on shrimperzone.

I hope there's as much work going on in the background as he states, I have no reason to not believe him BUT ultimately we need players NOW. Actually we needed players weeks ago. I understand he'll say that the clubs needs time to find the right players etc, that would be fine if he didn't go on and on about how he had players ready and waiting to go immediately. You can't say things like that and then wonder why a number of weeks later people are questioning you, surely its just common sense, surely?
At last some commonsense on this issue. If you over promise and then under deliver the outcome is obvious. The jury is out, it remains to be seen what happens this week. I recall a lot of comments when CP took over on similar lines, 'in CP we trust' etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

You make some good points. As good as it is to see the transparency & his plans on SZ, wouldn't they be better off & more professional released as statements through the clubs official channels ?

Last edited:

I think Stan has every right to say his piece to those doubting him. Some of these people have been against him even before he took on this role. They have questioned his contact list, his loyalty etc etc so he has every right to respond to it. I do think he should ignore these people but if thats not in his nature then who are we to tell him what to do. Yes hes calling people out but isnt that what they are doing to him?

He may well have players ready to go but what if Maher doesnt think they are a fit for what he wants to do? Stan has always said hes there to support and help the Head coaches etc in whatever way he can but ultimately they have to fit in with the coaches vision and not Stans.

Maher has been in the job for 1 month! Stan has been in it for 2 weeks! Give them a chance. I do believe thats all they ask.

I tend to agree, its wonderful having this new layer of information and transparency, but a line does need to be drawn between official statements and forum posts.

I fully understand the desire for stan to decend himself with some of the more ludicrous posters on here. But maybe its time for stan to rise above it, post on here in a more official capacity, perhaps there should be a new section of the forum for stan updates etc?

A couple of things.

1. I haven't got the hump. I'm giving updated information.

2. If someone on this forum questions my integrity or qualifications, I'll set them right, it's called right of reply which is what you're using in your post.

3. I talk straight and get things done. I only promise what I can deliver. A new departure for Southend United I know, but I'd get used to it.

Enjoy your week.

Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back